Polestar Forum banner

Australian Polestar Owners

181K views 3K replies 98 participants last post by  sarcastyx 
#1 ·
Hi guys, just creating a separate thread so that those lucky of us who have received our Polestar's can discuss our post delivery experience and any issues. Hopefully this will limit the non-delivery information gumming up the other thread.

Just to add on to my saga, last night I went to set up my daughter with her own profile in the car, and the LTE connection dropped out. It also looks like GPS bombed and I can no longer see any wifi networks, including my own phone hotspot sitting right next to it.

Reboot of IHU doesn't work.
TCAM reset trick doesn't work for me. Have tried it straight after an IHU reset, tried holding for 15, 20, 30, 60 seconds. The SOS light just never goes out or turns red, and if you hold the button long enough, it just turns on the demister.

So I'm at a loss.

I also have weird stuff happening like the camera option being greyed out and unselectable and the charge limit showing 90%, but amperage being greyed out, and the binnacle showing done at 90% (where it was set before the outage) but showing the limit as 100%. Man, my car is just possessed. I can't help but think it's related to the initial IHU being dead. Will have to reach out to tech support again today.

Gadget Audio equipment Vehicle Communication Device Font
Gadget Measuring instrument Font Electronic device Communication Device

See less See more
#3 ·
They really have us by the short & curlys because if we invoke the satisfaction guarantee we can give the car back but then you cannot get another car any time soon or get a refund on another car if you have more issues.
I had a customer service call where they assured me TCAM issues would get better post-P2.0. I expressed my concern that I wouldn't get P2.0 before hitting the 500km/7Day mark. I was told that if I had a warranty issue they couldn't resolve after that threshold had passed they would still honour a refund. Something worth knowing.

All that said I think your issues are related to potentially some issues with a sensor or some wiring not being done correctly.

#4 ·
Hi guys, just creating a separate thread so that those lucky of us who have received our Polestar's can discuss our post delivery experience and any issues. Hopefully this will limit the non-delivery information gumming up the other thread.

Reboot of IHU doesn't work.
TCAM reset trick doesn't work for me. Have tried it straight after an IHU reset, tried holding for 15, 20, 30, 60 seconds. The SOS light just never goes out or turns red, and if you hold the button long enough, it just turns on the demister.
Thanks for the new thread start and good luck on the fix. Looks like their Mr Wolf (Pulp Fiction reference) from tech support should not have flown back to Sydney. I would hope there would be more than one Mr Wolf in Australia, otherwise both his life and ours are likely going to suck.

#6 ·
Yeah, I hope this has a happy ending, but I'm feeling really nervous based on the weirdness of these issues.
Hi, apparently my vehicle is due mid April. I had specifically asked twice if I can save the delivery fee if I pick the car up myself but was told it was essential that they deliver it. Now I have to pick it up but no decrease or waiver on the delivery fee. Anyone else asked about this.

#8 ·
Hey guys, FYI a factory reset all resets the tcam. The amperage limit is probably due to the TCAM issue other than it normally comes back on. I know it’s not always feasible and a pain, to do the factory resets but it’s easier than disconnecting the tcam battery or and 12v.

#10 ·
The detailer (Bon Vivant) is coming to the party, refitting the ppf to the A-pillars and bumper, doing the PPF to the front of the roof and doing the tint.
I had the work inspected by another detailer and he said the quality of the work was good, just the gaps in the PPF due to the incorrect stencil and the overhang on the A-pillars was unfortunate. I think it's a bit of a teething issue for my particular detailer and the Polestar 2 as he hadn't seen one before and couldn't access the up to date stencil at the time.

#19 ·
I had front & rear dashcams in my previous car, and whilst it is reassuring you tend to capture almost everything you need evidence for using the front camera. You just need to make sure to back into parking spots and avoid parallel parking if you're worried about idiots hitting your parked car. Really Polestar should give the functionality Tesla does even if their cameras are crap.

#25 ·
Has anyone had any success with streaming netflix/disney/stan etc on their vivaldi in car browser? Mine says my browser is in singapore and netflix sent me an email saying "Did you just try to login to Netflix from Singapore?" The play store shows my car carrier as singtel (singtel owns optus). I was wondering if the internet gateway for the cars is in singapore...or is it just some config switch I need to correct somewhere I can't find in the settings?

#725 ·
I’ve only just downloaded Vivaldi today. No issues logging in to Disney+ but whenever I go to play a video, it plays for a second, then pauses. I press play and it plays for a second then pauses again……doesn’t seem to be a buffering issue as I left it for 5 minutes and it still did the same thing…..anyone else have any similar issues?

#27 ·
Thought I might add onto running the rear dashcam cable. I followed the video up to the point of the first photo, I then used a 1.2mm stainless TIG fillerwire with the end bent back on its self so it didn't go through the roof accidentally to push through and then grabbed the wire with pliers through the hole the rubber cable protector clips into.
I then taped the rear cable to the wire and I fed it through, using the same wire to feed it through the rubber cable protector and storing the excess cable in the part that clips off under the brake light
Hand Hood Automotive design Gesture Automotive tire

Tire Automotive tire Hood Luggage and bags Bag

#39 ·
I just got back from a hour long trip along the motorway (m7/m2/northconex).
The trip auto was at 18.5kWh/100km and the TM settled down to 20.0kWh/100km.
That's with climate at 24 and pixel lights dancing most of the way

Yet to see one in the wild. But, having said that, I haven't even seen an Ioniq 5, EV6, or for that matter even a new shape Kia Sportage out and about.
I've seen 1 PS2 in the wild, but was immediately disappointed because it was a demo car lol.
I've seen 3 different colour Ioniq 5's, no EV6 and 1 Taycan turbo

#41 ·
Thanks for the info on power consumption.
Seems to be efficient.
On my test drives, LRDM was around 21kw/100 with me trying to push the skinny pedal through the firewall.
The LRSMs were between 16 and 17 kw/100 again trying "what will she do Mr? " type of driving.

#42 ·
Sorry for the non-answer but we haven't been driving a lot as we still have the demo car and it doesn't feel like "ours" so we haven't put much energy into customising things and playing around.

I can confess I haven't even used the trip computer yet, so will make an effort to pay attention as we have a decent drive today.

#45 ·
Also RE the range discussion, we had a pretty big day of driving yesterday as we went to the Sunflower festival as well as a long drive to the airport and back. Used about 70% battery all told, and averaged just over 18kw/100. I'm not sure there was any real difference I could see in the manual trip stats for the night run vs the day run. This was in a LRSM.

#46 ·
There's lots of Ioniq5's getting around Canberra i've seen a few silver and the odd blue or white one too, haven't seen an EV6 yet but have seen likewise quite a few Taycans around amusingly way more cross turismos than the sedans....
Plus I see an e-tron reversing out of my driveway daily lol and you DONT want to know the average use that has hahaha:oops:

#49 ·
Use the range assistant or Google maps to get a good idea of real world usage/percentage. The primary dash display is based on WLTP and will only be attainable in ideal conditions, which is similar to how range estimations are done in ICE cars as well.

The range assistant app will actually calculate it based on the moving average of your consumption based on your current driving pattern, so is much more accurate for that journey.

Also you can use the trip meter to see your kwh/100kms, and do a simple mental calculation based on 75 divided by that number.

#52 ·
I did, but I’m waiting on the car to arrive so I can use it