Polestar Forum banner
21 - 40 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Well that actually looks like they may be sequential! They possibly may not be going up by 1s but they aren't allocated randomly but seem to be going up linearly.

@clivem - 2000ish November ??
@Sammy - I'm guessing your last few digits are in the low 3000's??
AusBen - 3500ish Dec 3rd
@Mooch - 5000ish I'm guessing you reserved sometime between the 4th and 15th December?
@lilstevie - 8000ish December 15ish

I did some some media reports saying they had 3000 reservations in the first 3 days which seems to roughly line up with the reservation numbers here if true.
Mine fits with the pattern 34xx on Dec 3 (early in the day)

·
Registered
Polestar 2 SMSR+Pilot+Plus reserved
18 Posts
I think the others in the list posted earlier will start with 1110 so, assuming they increment by 1, that would make 15,000 reservations as at last week!
Jeez I almost hope you're wrong - for purely selfish reasons of course :D

·
Registered
12 Posts
So it looks like they really might have hit 15,000+ reservations then!
I'm surprised but I also think it's believable.

Every country is showing demand exceeding supply for EV's right now and the sales locally of Tesla 3's is astounding.

I used to live near the delivery depot in Alexandria, they hired an old dirty warehouse in Maddox St late last year up the road from their service depot - just a hardstand with a roof really - to cope with the rush of deliveries for the end of the year, it would be packed one day and empty the next.

And if you want a nice EV that isn't a sedan in Australia what can you actually buy right now for less than $100k????

I've wanted an EV for the last 10 years, but I want a nice car that is either a hatch or a compact SUV (dogs + kids + flatpack furniture) and I don't have the budget for a Merc (plus I don't like the look of the EQs anyway 🤣).

So as a Nissan Leaf or an MG ZS don't really appeal, that is literally it for Australia other than the Polestar!

The media always compares the PS2 to a Model 3, but to me it's the Model Y that is the competition.
And there is no estimate on when that will come here, I'm guessing 2023.

Polestar literally has nothing to compete with. With one of the largest domestic solar roll outs in the world there are clearly a lot of frustrated people here who already have their own green energy sources and presumably love the idea of getting greener cars!

·
Registered
4 Posts
I had a service for my XC60 a month or so ago. The Service guys and Salesman were a little upset when we were chatting, after asking about when I'll be changing the XC60 over. When I said I am seriously looking at Polestar, they looked defeated.

When I asked about their involvement, they confirmed that they've been asked to service Polestar, but they and no other dealership (!) were going to take on having Polestar in their showrooms at all. The ask from Volvo/Polestar was that they fork out $500k to develop a space, and then... nothing in return for it. They would receive nothing from sales, as they were still all going to be online.

My reservation confirmation is from 3.30pm 1st December and is 111027xx.

·
Registered
4 Posts
....and as I was grabbing a coffee and breakfast, this popped up in the email:

Automotive parking light Automotive lighting Product Motor vehicle Car

Looks like things are moving forward.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Just to add another data point RE the order numbers. We put our reservation in on the 10th (Monday) and our order number is 1111492x. 15k pre-orders is awesome for Polestar, but terrible for those of us who got in late on the reservations.

We test drove the XC40 Recharge last year, and it was nice but didn't blow our socks off from a handling and driver feel point of view. We were going into the test drive with low expectations given the shared platform and drivetrain components, but the chassis tuning and work done with Ohlins looks to have pretty massively improved the sporty feel of the car. This is a long way to say we held off on a reservation straight away pending the test drive which I think in hindsight was a mistake.

Saying that, I'm grateful that we're even getting the opportunity to purchase in our market compared to the paucity of other BEV options and allocations. Time to put the patient pants on :)

Edit: Also recevied the same email just now that Aaron got.

·
Registered
On Order MY22 Void SRSM Pilot/Plus/Leather
27 Posts
So as a Nissan Leaf or an MG ZS don't really appeal, that is literally it for Australia other than the Polestar!

The media always compares the PS2 to a Model 3, but to me it's the Model Y that is the competition.
I agree about the leaf and the MG ZS not having the appeal, but would the older ioniq not feeling like anything more than an i20, but I wouldn’t consider the PS2 which is smaller than a model 3 to be a model y competitor.

also I wouldn’t discount how much the “it’s not a Tesla” card is contributing.

they confirmed that they've been asked to service Polestar, but they and no other dealership (!) were going to take on having Polestar in their showrooms at all.
which was never really a question. Polestar was always going to do online only with the space model.

View attachment 10593

I woke up to it in my inbox, but I’m a bit of a lazy sob sleeping in today 😂

·
Registered
3 Posts
Good pickup. Definitely looks like a cut and paste. Also, that's a pretty decent sized deposit compared to us. I wonder how many reservations will convert to orders when the order books open.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Yeah got mine too, freaking out the orders will open before my test drive on the 31st!!

Really can't decide about the plus pack, I hate the panoramic roofs, but would like the HK sound system and the seats.
I've got a similar roof on my Mini and its just too hot and bright even with extra tint and IR coating, I never draw the shade back on it!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Yeah got mine too, freaking out the orders will open before my test drive on the 31st!!

Really can't decide about the plus pack, I hate the panoramic roofs, but would like the HK sound system and the seats.
I've got a similar roof on my Mini and its just too hot and bright even with extra tint and IR coating, I never draw the shade back on it!
I test drove with Plus pack. The panoramic roof looks nice but yes would be blazing hot in summer. One of the features not really suited to Australian conditions (ski hatch!). The staff mentioned they are looking into some sort of sliding shade option but I'd take that with a very large grain of salt. I wasn't super impressed with the HK sound system, so we won't be going with the Plus pack.

Will be getting the Pilot pack though as I couldn't say no to adaptive CC.

·
Registered
12 Posts
One of the features not really suited to Australian conditions (ski hatch!).
Great for Bunnings trips though! The number of times I drove my old hatchback around with conduit/timber/cornice pieces - another thing I don't like about the Tesla's, I know I'd snap off that screen with a piece of flatpack furniture one day...

I test drove with Plus pack.
Did you get to see the fabric and seats on the non-plus pack at the event?

I've not seen a good review of the base level interior as all of the early models (and hence most of the forum posts and youtube reviews) were all the launch edition trim. I like the appearance on the website, but would love to know how comfortable and easy to clean the base fabric is vs weavetech. My last car was stock fabric seats, very cool to sit on but got dirty easily, current one is leather which has been easy to clean up but hotter to sit on.

·
Registered
3 Posts

Hey Ben, when we test drove on the Gold Coast with the pano roof, we really didn't feel any radiant heat coming through which was impressive to me. However, if it became an issue for us, my thoughts were to get it tinted to taste. I don't believe you'd have any legal issue for roof tinting down to 5% or even fully opaque.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I've wanted an EV for the last 10 years, but I want a nice car that is either a hatch or a compact SUV (dogs + kids + flatpack furniture) and I don't have the budget for a Merc (plus I don't like the look of the EQs anyway 🤣).

I'm currently in a 2020 Ioniq and it's a great little car. It goes and handles well - it's not fast but obviously it does have that EV acceleration. I wasn't planning on changing from that really until I started looking at a camper trailer.

View attachment 10593

Got the same. The disturbing thing in there for me is where it says make the final payment and then the car will enter production. Somebody had mentioned previously about paying in full before delivery but I thought it was once delivery was confirmed a week out or similar. Paying all up front and then waiting .... who knows how many weeks .... could be an issue, especially when they are not manaing the trade-in. I guess unless you are using their finance.
Just to add another data point RE the order numbers. We put our reservation in on the 10th (Monday) and our order number is 1111492x. 15k pre-orders is awesome for Polestar, but terrible for those of us who got in late on the reservations.
That's my concern too. I'm a similar number to you and starting to worry I won't get near an order in this round of deliveries. We'll see.

I drove it on a sunny day on the Gold Coast in December and I'll be honest I didn't notice any extra heat or glare.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I guess unless you are using their finance.
Has anyone heard anything about Polestar finance for Australia? In the launch press coverage I read something about them offering guaranteed future value buyback finance to help alleviate any concerns people had over battery life and transitioning to EVs, but I can't find anything about it now.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Has anyone heard anything about Polestar finance for Australia? In the launch press coverage I read something about them offering guaranteed future value buyback finance to help alleviate any concerns people had over battery life and transitioning to EVs, but I can't find anything about it now.
I forgot to add. I asked them about finance options or an online finance calculator and got this.
Font Number Document

·
Registered
18 Posts
I think I saw those things on the UK Polestar site perhaps. I've definitely read the same in their FAQs but there is nothing on the AU site.

21 - 40 of 47 Posts