Polestar Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone figured out how to get the seat and profile to auto switch based on the key used on the driver's side? When I have a key I've associated with my profile on me and my partner was the last to drive the car with her key, it doesn't change over to me. I have to tap her profile letter in the center display and select mine before it moves to my settings.

It also means when she forgets to switch to her profile and adjusts the seat manually, it screws up my settings.

Any ideas?

·
Registered
47 Posts
DId you or she lock the car (or did the car lock itself) after you last used it ? My Volvo XC90 has a similar setup, whereas the driver profile (and seat settings associated with the key) only activate themselves after you unlock the car with you key. If the car was not locked by the previous user and you start with your key, the previous user's settings remain active. I've also read that for the P2 you cannot have both keys in the car. E.g. you opening the car with your key and she getting in the car with her key in her pocket might also mess things up.

And if that isn't it you may need to reassign profiles ? Pure progressive performance | Polestar

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
DId you or she lock the car (or did the car lock itself) after you last used it ? My Volvo XC90 has a similar setup, whereas the driver profile (and seat settings associated with the key) only activate themselves after you unlock the car with you key. If the car was not locked by the previous user and you start with your key, the previous user's settings remain active. I've also read that for the P2 you cannot have both keys in the car. E.g. you opening the car with your key and she getting in the car with her key in her pocket might also mess things up.

And if that isn't it you may need to reassign profiles ? Pure progressive performance | Polestar
I didn't use the unlock button on the fob, just grabbed the handle with my key in my pocket, but heard/felt it unlock. When I setup my key the other was there and I had to do the backup reader thing. Also I happened to have key 2 and my profile is the Admin profile renamed...so a few things to check and try. I'll try deleting and re-establishing the link too

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Let us know how that went !
Worked it out, dumb mistake. Her key wasn't assigned to her profile and our keys got swapped before we marked them, so I was using key 1 to try and activate my profile but it wasn't assigned to anything. Re-assigned and it works as expected. You do have to make sure the car is locked by previous user so when you unlock with your key it readjusts.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts