Polestar Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This month's AutoExpress has the cover feature and several pages devoted to pitting the two cars against each other (just like every other review you've read!). I won't paste pictures because copyright (and they usually post shorter versions online a few days after publication anyway)... However the spoiler alert is they are very evenly matched but have their own identity and credit to the reviewer for not simply comparing spec for spec, which in real-world use has less value, except for range... the M3 pips the P2 by half a star, largely down to a softer ride and the charging network. Not bad for their first EV with such a strong competitor dominating the market as it stands.

It's a balanced and fair review. Unlike What Car who are really not a fan in their latest video version of the same face-off! The reviewer has a clear bias for the M3 and is largely at odds with other reviews, even when compared to his first sole P2 test-drive, he seems to be far more critical. Can't win them all!

·
Registered
381 Posts
Did they test with the Performance Pack suspension?
I’m hoping the regular suspension and 19” wheels makes for a smoother ride that equalizes the two for that parameter.

Else seems with Tesla you get range and charging. With Polestar you get a more traditional and upscale (IMO) interior and exterior design. To each their own!

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Did they test with the Performance Pack suspension?
I’m hoping the regular suspension and 19” wheels makes for a smoother ride that equalizes the two for that parameter.

Else seems with Tesla you get range and charging. With Polestar you get a more traditional and upscale (IMO) interior and exterior design. To each their own!
Yes it had the Performance pack as do nearly all review cars...though What Car said they adjusted theirs so fair play for at least trying to get it on the best set up. Agree only seen one chap drive on the standard set-up but still said it was firm, that's a characteristic of the car. Some also noted the suspension can be noisy (others say how quiet it is) so might be luck of draw.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts