Polestar Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
Snow, slate, ordered Nov 2020, VIN 10xxx
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Saw the following news snippet: “But just a few days ago the automaker indicated that the upcoming EV would also offer an "unsupervised" autonomous driving system in the Polestar 3, one that had been mentioned a few days prior by parent company Volvo.” I read elsewhere that polestar is striving to position the brand as Porsche of the Geeley auto group. I would have thought that target market is less interested in a car driving itself.

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
Saw the following news snippet: “But just a few days ago the automaker indicated that the upcoming EV would also offer an "unsupervised" autonomous driving system in the Polestar 3, one that had been mentioned a few days prior by parent company Volvo.” I read elsewhere that polestar is striving to position the brand as Porsche of the Geeley auto group. I would have thought that target market is less interested in a car driving itself.
Not every Porsche or Porsche owner is a racing car / driver. Many people just jump on the bandwagon as it’s a prestige car brand and then realise the car is totally unsuitable for them lol. With the Macan and other SUVs being released not as much an issue now, but I call them fake Porsches lol.

My brother has a Cayenne and when I got my p2 he said if I wanted an electric car I should have Tesla, my comeback to him was if he wanted a real Porsche he should have got a 911 😂

Having the features in the car are more important for prestige or to provide a tick in a box so competition don’t leave companies behind.

·
Registered
3,565 Posts
Not every Porsche or Porsche owner is a racing car / driver. Many people just jump on the bandwagon as it’s a prestige car brand and then realise the car is totally unsuitable for them lol. With the Macan and other SUVs being released not as much an issue now, but I call them fake Porsches lol.

My brother has a Cayenne and when I got my p2 he said if I wanted an electric car I should have Tesla, my comeback to him was if he wanted a real Porsche he should have got a 911 😂

Having the features in the car are more important for prestige or to provide a tick in a box so competition don’t leave companies behind.
100% this

The Bay Area is replete with Macans, Cayennes, and Panameras - and the BMW or Audi analogues - hogging the fast lane with cars 'undertaking' them to get around.
I recently got caught behind a nominal Porsche driver going interminably slowly on one of our best hilly/twisty driving roads - specifically took the P2 there for a nice driving exercise on the long way home... and was thwarted by them.

Seems being willing to shell out for a Porsche isn't the same as wanting to make use of its performance.

Reactions: Icesingh

·
Registered
6,839 Posts
With the Macan and other SUVs being released not as much an issue now, but I call them fake Porsches lol.

My brother has a Cayenne and when I got my p2 he said if I wanted an electric car I should have Tesla, my comeback to him was if he wanted a real Porsche he should have got a 911
All wannabes! I'd never even bother with a Porsche unless it was a 911. I think that sentiment is partly why Porsche is not going EV with the 911. It's just too classic.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts