Polestar Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has any PS2 owner from cold climate figured out a way to avoid fogging while using Eco climate? My experience has been that I need to turn on defrauster every 5 minutes or so when driving below 0C/32F...Is there a trick I'm missing?

·
Super Moderator
Polestar 2 350kW, Midnight (blue), charcoal interior, non-PP
3,328 Posts
Eco climate is only realistic in mild or warm conditions, it's not intended for cold or hot conditions for exactly the reason you've found...

·
Registered
617 Posts
Drove to work today 4 Celsius for the entire journey. Switched heated seat and steering wheel. No fogging no issues. Just cold feet lol.

Drove home about 8 Celsius had eco on, as long as I kept it running on top zone, the windows were clear, if I switched to auto or bottom zone windows would fog up.

Recirculation makes it worse for some reason so keep that off.

This evening drove to Northants with Mrs and kid in car had to put on defroster two or 3 times on the 90 mile journey…. Car couldn’t hand 3 people breathing lol.

·
Registered
344 Posts
I keep trying to do this via the fan symbol before I realise I need to return to the new Range Assistant tile.
Again and again.
And again.
Mental user experience, that. I have left mine on Eco since it arrived, but it reverts back to normal mode every so often, and it really is quite tedious having to go back into the Range Assistant app just to turn it back on.

·
Administrator
1,803 Posts
I keep trying to do this via the fan symbol before I realise I need to return to the new Range Assistant tile.
Again and again.
And again.
P1.8 will solve your problem. It will add the ECO mode to the fan page.

·
Registered
906 Posts
Eco climate is only realistic in mild or warm conditions, it's not intended for cold or hot conditions for exactly the reason you've found...
So eco is only really useful in moderate weather.... When the demand is already low in the climate system... I really don't see the point of eco mode.

·
Registered
693 Posts
I have used Eco for long trips (600+ km) in the temperature range of -2 to +5 degree C. There was no fogging. However, when there's more relative humidity in the air, or the contents of the car are damp, Eco doesn't work well as it leads to fogging.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Mental user experience, that. I have left mine on Eco since it arrived, but it reverts back to normal mode every so often, and it really is quite tedious having to go back into the Range Assistant app just to turn it back on.
It returns to normal mode if SOC is below 50% and you charge it back up over 50%.
Perhaps that’s why it’s not the best functionality because the intention might just be to get you a few extra miles when needed.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Has any PS2 owner from cold climate figured out a way to avoid fogging while using Eco climate? My experience has been that I need to turn on defrauster every 5 minutes or so when driving below 0C/32F...Is there a trick I'm missing?
Today drove close to 350 kms mostly highway at temperature varying between -2 and +2 with Eco climate on all along except for 10 minutes when I turned off the climate completely. No fogging issue at all. It was sunny during the first half of the trip. So it seems that the fogging issue has to do with rainy condition which was the case during my experience in the previous post. Overall very happy.

On a side note, completed the ~350 kms trip at 9% SOC starting at 97%. Range of 375 kms as advertised in Canada is achievable even in 0c. I've noticed that pre-conditioning climate makes a big difference in efficiency.

·
Registered
807 Posts
Isn't that exactly what 'normal' mode does?

Reactions: krheinwald

·
Super Moderator
1,738 Posts
In my opinion, eco mode should let you get warmer or colder than you might otherwise do. You can wear a t-shirt, or wrap up warm. The essence of being 'eco'. Let's face it, some people never turn their heating on in their houses and wear coats inside - their choice!

What it shouldn't do is let the glass fog up when there's a perfectly functional condensation detector in the mirror housing.

That's just stupid and I'm bored of arguing about it. Anyone who thinks an eco function that allows your visibility to deteriorate unless you manually intervene is not a poor implementation is just plain wrong and can't be argued with.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts