Polestar Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
Polestar 2, Snow, non-PP, Tow bar
312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I only just noticed this three months into driving my P*2 but the back vents don't seem to be working or they're blocked. Even when I have the climate control on max speed, no air comes out of the rear passenger vents. I turned the dial both ways and neither setting makes a difference. Is there some kind of setting on the infotainment system I'm not aware of for those rear vents?

·
Registered
2,227 Posts
They should just work. If you have tried opening the vents then take it to Volvo.

Try going to the AC page and setting to manual forward vents at max speed and see if that gets you anything first.

·
Registered
2,227 Posts
Also I assume you have someone sitting in the front drivers seat while testing all this?

Otherwise it shits down all climate features.

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
So the set up was two passengers in the back, two passengers in the front. Climate control set to auto on full speed. Twiddled the knobs both ways on the back vents. No air, or very, very low air (like hardly noticeable). I'll try the controls on fwd facing, manual.

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Ok, so when I set the climate control to manual and engage the fwd vent mode the rear vents come to life (so intuitive! Not!). But I have to have the speed up pretty high for the air to be notable on the back. I guess it's just a small vent. Or maybe partially malfunctioning.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Ok, so when I set the climate control to manual and engage the fwd vent mode the rear vents come to life (so intuitive! Not!). But I have to have the speed up pretty high for the air to be notable on the back. I guess it's just a small vent. Or maybe partially malfunctioning.
As a double-check; ensure that the center chrome knob on the vents are turned to permit flow.

Reactions: ProfessorCook

·
Registered
2,227 Posts
The Rear vents will never be as powerful as the front vents, as they are run in a very flat and ultra wide duct ... this causes a lot of resistance so the fans have to work really hard just to get a moderate amount of air through them compared to the very open ducts the front vents get.

Now I have not tested mine so this is speculation, and I doubt I'll leave the house in the next few days at least to test myself; however I suspect "Auto" delivers most air out the vents below the windscreen and this is circulated via the screen / roof using the Coandă effect, where air sticks to the surface, and then is pulled back in via extra near the bottom of the cabin.

Therefore in "Auto" I'm not sure how much air the rear passengers need, considering there are no climate controls except ON/OFF air flow and they will get fresh air from the front.

I'll check mine as soon as I can be bothered to go outside ... it's cold out there! ... but if anyone else is going to use their car and wishes to check theirs please report findings.

·
Registered
2,227 Posts
Just checked and mine work fine! Just stuck the air on MAX and reached back and could feel it coming out fine....not especially hard but still enough to be useful
On Auto or Manual?

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I just did the same experiment with the same results.
Yep. I did the same. Back vents are working, though usually have to crank the air up to max. Controls are on manual and fwd selected. Go figure! Fwd for backward! Great bit of intuitive UX there!

·
Registered
2,227 Posts
Yep. I did the same. Back vents are working, though usually have to crank the air up to max. Controls are on manual and fwd selected. Go figure! Fwd for backward! Great bit of intuitive UX there!
And if on Auto nothing from the rear?

·
Registered
2,227 Posts
I never sit in the back, so if I don't get any complaints, then I don't care 😋
Only person in the rear is 9 years old ... and as my mum told me at 9 ... kids should be seen and not heard!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts