Polestar Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
MY 2022, Long Range Dual-Motor, Snow/Nappa, Pilot, Plus, Tow hitch
674 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi,

As PAK is now being reported as 100% reliable for some, time to start a thread about the most reliable phones to use for it.

We have already pointed to iPhones being generally more reliable than Android, so what about listing the best (and worst) Android phones?

I'll start with mine:

Huawei P2 : Phone requires frequent Polestar app and Bluetooth cache clear for PAK to keep working. Problem seems worse if PAK is constantly enabled contra being toggled off when not in use and back on prior to being used again. 3 stars if I'm generous, 2 if I'm not.

123 Posts
Hi,

As PAK is now being reported as 100% reliable for some, time to start a thread about the most reliable phones to use for it.

We have already pointed to iPhones being generally more reliable than Android, so what about listing the best (and worst) Android phones?

I'll start with mine:

Huawei P2 : Phone requires frequent Polestar app and Bluetooth cache clear for PAK to keep working. Problem seems worse if PAK is constantly enabled contra being toggled off when not in use and back on prior to being used again. 3 stars if I'm generous, 2 if I'm not.
I am not an apple fanboi by any stretch of the imagination, but I'm curious, why not just go with an iPhone? My old XR has been 100% reliable.

·
Registered
MY 2022, Long Range Dual-Motor, Snow/Nappa, Pilot, Plus, Tow hitch
674 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I am not an apple fanboi by any stretch of the imagination, but I'm curious, why not just go with an iPhone? My old XR has been 100% reliable.
I have tried, but simply can't get on with IOS. Sorry, but that's the way it is!

·
Registered
MY22, Magnesium, Plus Dual Motor
1 Posts
Hi,

I'll start with mine:

Funny how you bring this up. Coming from an iPhone 13 pro max which never worked and always had to restart the app only to only show whether the door was locked, I think iPhone are horrible with the PAK. Bluetooth connection for music and calls were flawless. I'm switching to s22 ultra. will see if PAK works better.

·
Registered
MY'22, SMLR, Moon
18 Posts
Xiaomi 12 Pro, works for a day or two. Then I have to delete and set it up again.
Set my phone to allow bluetooth, allow location, and removed battery optimization.
Used to have an iPhone 12 Pro and it worked just fine after 2.0 and the latest app update.

·
Registered
53 Posts
I have been using the Surface Duo, and my wife her Pixel 3. Did not have any problems with my wife's phone, and I had a problem once (the phone was inside my jeans). When the phone is out I did not have any problems.

·
Registered
Magnesium LRDM with pilot
29 Posts
Since one of the more recent app updates and car software 2.0, PAK has worked without issue. I'm on a Pixel 6 Pro.
I'm in a Pixel 6 Pro as well and it seems to work but it sucks heaps of battery, about 15% typically. Do you get that too and put up with it or are you seeing less?

·
Registered
53 Posts
BTW, I think I figured out the reason for the couple of PAK hiccups I faced. Noticed that the car was set to my wife's profile. The issue I was getting after I unlock the car was that the "Key was not detected" and it would not let me drive. After switching over to my profile, I was able to drive the car twice today. HTH someone

·
Registered
933 Posts
Samsung S8 then S22 both worked(ing) fine. I tend to have them disabled for PAK for most of the time, and keep them as a back up if hey key fob ever fails. Whenever I re-enable it, no issues anymore.

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
Pixel 4A(5G) and I rarely use PAK, but when I do (usually to move the car for washing or such) it works reliably since 2.0. 1.9 also if I remember right. But I don't have any problem carrying the fob. I still don't completely trust PAK just yet.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts