Polestar Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am an "early adopter" as they say, deposit paid Nov 2019 car delivered Sept 2020 Vin 0024XX. I've had all the grief of updates and recalls, the car has been off the road and then back on the road. Given all that I really love the car its can be a bit quirky at times but its fantastic and its great to drive.
However nothing prepared us for the SOS button fiasco!!

The SOS button was pressed in error and the car did its job and contacted the emergency services. We embarrassingly told then that it was a mistake and that their services were not needed at this time, they then terminated the call. Then the car immediately dialled again, and again, and again and again for 40 minuets until the police wanted our names and addresses as we were blocking up the system with our malicious calls!! They then blocked our call number for an hour so we could drive home.
The next morning it was still calling the emergency services again and again non stop!! Support sent an engineer to sort out the problem he turned up after 2 hours and it took him 3hrs and numerous phone calls to stop the car calling. If it wasn't so serious it would have been truly hilarious
Apparently that emergency system has its own back up battery and until that is disconnected the whole thing is always active. A software problem was touted as the real culprit

Thankfully its all now fixed (fingers crossed) and as I said in the first paragraph I love my polestar so all is well

Last comment Is yours fixed??

·
Registered
159 Posts
I am an "early adopter" as they say, deposit paid Nov 2019 car delivered Sept 2020 Vin 0024XX. I've had all the grief of updates and recalls, the car has been off the road and then back on the road. Given all that I really love the car its can be a bit quirky at times but its fantastic and its great to drive.
However nothing prepared us for the SOS button fiasco!!

The SOS button was pressed in error and the car did its job and contacted the emergency services. We embarrassingly told then that it was a mistake and that their services were not needed at this time, they then terminated the call. Then the car immediately dialled again, and again, and again and again for 40 minuets until the police wanted our names and addresses as we were blocking up the system with our malicious calls!! They then blocked our call number for an hour so we could drive home.
The next morning it was still calling the emergency services again and again non stop!! Support sent an engineer to sort out the problem he turned up after 2 hours and it took him 3hrs and numerous phone calls to stop the car calling. If it wasn't so serious it would have been truly hilarious
Apparently that emergency system has its own back up battery and until that is disconnected the whole thing is always active. A software problem was touted as the real culprit

Thankfully its all now fixed (fingers crossed) and as I said in the first paragraph I love my polestar so all is well

Last comment Is yours fixed??
I imagine Polestar have had to send technicians to the depot that my car is in to disconnected it. it has been reported to Hampshire police and has become a case number!

·
Registered
772 Posts
Perhaps others have noted this elsewhere, but the SOS button flashes red continuously when you lose cell service (which is pretty common here in the Colorado mountains). That's super annoying.

·
Super Moderator
Polestar 2, Midnight (blue), charcoal interior, non-PP
2,877 Posts
Yep, had that this morning. Network reception is lousy outside our house. 4G took nearly 10 minutes to come on!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts