Polestar Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,006 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)

Not for me personally..... But I can see some liking it.

·
Registered
Oct '20 / VIN47xx. Void, Slate, 20"
516 Posts
Makes it look like a convertible.

·
Registered
2,006 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
OK the one above I love!!!! If only it wasn't £7k to get it done professionally.

Reactions: polerad

·
Registered
2021 2
2,081 Posts
I’d definitely have paid a bit more to get a matte finish like they offer for the Polestar 1. looks so sweet

also I love reading idioms from different areas of the world, translated into English. “Digesting their meatballs” is particularly evocative

·
Registered
3 Posts
The blacked out roof might look a little better if those rear pillars (or what they are called in English?) would be raised and high up as the XC40s. Then the Polestar logo (correct one) could be at that rear edge of the roof as the XC40 have the text "RECHARGE". I would not want to make my PS2 look more like a Volvo but I guess the design would still look better.

Full satin wrap looks really nice! Wish it was less expensive to do and I guess a dark satin would be difficult on my Snow white PS2. Actually a satin white would also be really nice I guess. Maybe pearl version.

Thanks for pictures and inspiration!

·
Registered
117 Posts
No. The blacked out roof and greenhouse totally changes the look of the P2 and not in a good way.

Just a small thing but makes a big difference; I don’t like the A-pillar wrapped in body colour, IMO it should remain black to create the look of a wrap-around windshield that continues to the side windows (characteristic of a plane and looks Saab-like which I like), and emphasizes how straight and angular that A-pillar and front windows are which conflicts with the subtle curves of the rest of the car.
Also the wrapping the painted roof portion between the top of the windshield and sunroof in black. It disrupts the body coloured loop around the top of the car and makes the side painted portion comes to an abrupt point above the A-pillar.

I’m considering doing a full PPF wrap in satin finish on my magnesium P2. The only thing that will change visually would be my side mirrors which I will have wrapped in gloss black to blend in with the side windows which I will have tinted to 30% (legal limit here).

·
Registered
117 Posts
It’s like it’s trying to be the Sony Vision-S concept:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts