Polestar Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Took the car in for the recall fixes today. I explained to them that the headlights had already been adjusted bu they insisted on 'checking' them as per the recall instructions. They obviously decided to lower them and the right side light is now definately too low and the overall effectiveness of the lights on dipped beam has been lost.
I am going to give them a ring tomorrow and complain, but no doubt they will claim they are now correct.
Just shining them on the garage door you see that the right-hand beam pattern isn't right - does anybody know how to adjust them?

·
Registered
'21 P*2, 19", Midnight/leather, +tow
868 Posts
Took the car in for the recall fixes today. I explained to them that the headlights had already been adjusted bu they insisted on 'checking' them as per the recall instructions. They obviously decided to lower them and the right side light is now definately too low and the overall effectiveness of the lights on dipped beam has been lost.
I am going to give them a ring tomorrow and complain, but no doubt they will claim they are now correct.
Just shining them on the garage door you see that the right-hand beam pattern isn't right - does anybody know how to adjust them?
:rolleyes: This basically recaps every dealer service experience I've had beyond simple routine maintenance.

I'm assuming it's similar to other Volvo products - so something like this maybe?:

·
Super Moderator
657 Posts
Generally try and get to be about 5-10m away from a wall and put the lights on. If you drive backwards a few metres and the lights drop about 10cm, then they're probably right-ish. I adjusted mine on my Kona by doing this, and then each day (it was Winter) when I was driving to/from work, I noted whether the beam stopped at about the number plate of the car in front at a two second gap. If it stopped short, I raised them a bit, and so on. Within a few days I'd stopped being flashed but had a good light pattern.

·
Premium Member
1,027 Posts
Agreed. I'd adjust them myself.

Also, with old tech headlights, they'd adjust the oncoming traffic side lower than the off side. (So, in the U.K., right side lower than left side.) Sounds like that's what they did in the dealership.

Reactions: HugoCurran

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Agreed. I'd adjust them myself.

Also, with old tech headlights, they'd adjust the oncoming traffic side lower than the off side. (So, in the U.K., right side lower than left side.) Sounds like that's what they did in the dealership.
That is exactly what it looks like now. When they were setup by the other local Volvo dealer a few weeks ago both beams were level with a clear 'cut off'

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Why don't just talk to the dealer and have them correct their mistake?
It has taken 2 weeks to get booked in today, I had to take the afternoon off work.
I don't want to repeat either experience.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts