Polestar Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

2000 miles in and loving my ps2! However after the recall work/software update it keeps forgetting my iPhone and I have to repair from scratch each time.

anyone else having this issue or aware of a fix?

·
Super Moderator
1,365 Posts
This is one of those unhelpful answers I'm afraid...

No, I've never had this problem - not once. I paired my car with the phone the day I got it and haven't had to do it since (three months ago). Didn't even need to re-pair when it came back from recall.

One suggestion I can offer is to rename your phone (Settings > General > About > Name) - this might make the car think it's a completely new device.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
This is one of those unhelpful answers I'm afraid...

No, I've never had this problem - not once. I paired my car with the phone the day I got it and haven't had to do it since (three months ago). Didn't even need to re-pair when it came back from recall.

One suggestion I can offer is to rename your phone (Settings > General > About > Name) - this might make the car think it's a completely new device.
Mine was working perfectly pre recall so I wonder what’s happened. All just a bit of a pain now!

·
Super Moderator
1,365 Posts
Give my suggestion a whirl - nothing to lose - will only take a minute.

I've had it solve a similar problem on a different vehicle.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Give my suggestion a whirl - nothing to lose - will only take a minute.

I've had it solve a similar problem on a different vehicle.
Thanks, will give it a go tomorrow.

does it screw with any of my other Bluetooth connections if I do?

·
Super Moderator
1,365 Posts
I really don't know... Possibly. Or it might do nothing at all - it all depends whether the devices retain the knowledge of the connection by the MAC address or the Bluetooth name.

If this doesn't solve the car issue you could always set it back how it was.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I really don't know... Possibly. Or it might do nothing at all - it all depends whether the devices retain the knowledge of the connection by the MAC address or the Bluetooth name.

If this doesn't solve the car issue you could always set it back how it was.
Well it looks like it has helped so far - will see what happens in the morning! Thanks!

·
Registered
674 Posts
I've had this issue several mornings this week after charging the car overnight. I start driving, and notice that the phone's not connected. Go to Bluetooth settings. No phones paired. Check iPhone, everything normal.

Fix by forgetting "Polestar' in bluetooth settings on iPhone. Re-pair using standard procedures.

Actually this has been an intermittent problem, as today I didn't have to go through the above process. Phone remained paired overnight.

I contacted PS Connect to alert them to this problem.

Anyone else have this happen recently? BTW I'm on the November 1 firmware.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Yes, I have had the problem the other day. After nearly 4 months of fault free Bluetooth mine did not recognise my iPhone. A quick stop in a layby and 2 minutes later all was working again. Hopefully it is a rare and random event.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Since I changed my phone name as suggested above, I’ve had no issues. Worth giving that a shot.

I don’t suppose your phone Bluetooth name is “iPhone”? Mine was and I was wondering whether there was something in the ps code which got screwed up by that.

·
Registered
233 Posts
I too have this issue exactly as described above. I assumed PS broke it in the last update and hope that they resolve it in the next. One of several non-critical but frustrating niggles.

·
Registered
2021 2
2,602 Posts
Since I changed my phone name as suggested above, I’ve had no issues. Worth giving that a shot.

I don’t suppose your phone Bluetooth name is “iPhone”? Mine was and I was wondering whether there was something in the ps code which got screwed up by that.
In a similar vein - I saw my wife and I both had our phones named "iPhone" so I renamed mine.... and now my phone connects reliably to the car, but hers doesn't and now the car forgot hers.

So, if you have an iPhone, try to rename it something other than 'iPhone'!

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
In a similar vein - I saw my wife and I both had our phones named "iPhone" so I renamed mine.... and now my phone connects reliably to the car, but hers doesn't and now the car forgot hers.

So, if you have an iPhone, try to rename it something other than 'iPhone'!
There must be something in the code which uses iPhone as a variable or something which wipes it on boot. I guess the real test would be to move back to iPhone and see what happens!

·
Registered
Stickerless Thunder on 19's
1,871 Posts
Mine lost the ability to text one day. Something about settings on my phone, but I hadn't changed anything.
But it's only ever my girlfriend texting anyway, so I can live with it.

·
Registered
436 Posts
Mine lost the ability to text one day. Something about settings on my phone, but I hadn't changed anything.
But it's only ever my girlfriend texting anyway, so I can live with it.
Let's hope she doesn't read the forum! ;)
Or maybe your car is getting jealous of the attention she is getting.

·
Registered
674 Posts
Mine is not named “iPhone” but I keep getting the Bluetooth pairing dropped by the PS. It seems to be random, sometimes in the morning after charging at night, sometimes between drives during the day (I do several short drives with random periods of parking [10 min to 4 hours] in between.

Someone today mentioned they are diligent about turning off the car using the play button. I may start doing that and see if that makes any difference.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I've had this issue since day one on the 20th jan.
I've a Sony zx1 and daily I have to reconnect. Even if I pop in a shop I can have issues reconnecting just a few minutes later.
Its not called iPhone obviously so it's not name related.
On re-pairing the phone won't see the car so it's only a one way pair and the message reading etc never worked.
Wifi has never worked so maybe that's all related
So with that issue and the loss of 4g today, I've got no music to play in this dumb car at all

·
Super Moderator
Polestar 2, Midnight (blue), charcoal interior, non-PP
2,888 Posts
Strange, I have a Sony XZ1 and it reconnects perfectly every time so I think it's not related to a particular phone or version of Android.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts