Polestar Forum banner
41 - 60 of 106 Posts

·
Registered
2,975 Posts
Estimated delivery, if ordered now, for Norway is April 2022. Just wish the backseats offered a little more space for passengers, perhaps they'll do a GT version.
Folded tall guy in the back attached.
that back seat is surprising. Not sure how tall that guy is but the back seat seems even tighter leg space and head space wise than the polestar. Is that right? Thought the i4 was significantly longer/wider??

·
Registered
Void, Slate, Non-PP on 19's
172 Posts
that back seat is surprising. Not sure how tall that guy is but the back seat seems even tighter leg space and head space wise than the polestar. Is that right? Thought the i4 was significantly longer/wider??
It is 10 to 20cm longer than the PS2 if memory serves. But it should be similar to the 4 series, and I have sat in the back of both (4 series not i4) and legs room was comparable. So it is weird if the i4 has a lot less space in the back.

·
Registered
3,729 Posts
I love my previous car which was a BMW and my son now is loving it. But BMW has taken a styling turn... It strikes me as they're trying too hard.

I'm a big fan of what everyone is calling the minimalist Scandinavian style of the Polestar.

·
Registered
604 Posts
I love my previous car which was a BMW and my son now is loving it. But BMW has taken a styling turn... It strikes me as they're trying too hard.

I'm a big fan of what everyone is calling the minimalist Scandinavian style of the Polestar.
I also prefer something more elegant, but also think the new face just doesn’t photograph super well. Saw it in the flesh on an M4 last weekend and thought it looked surprisingly good, and more organic than I expected.

·
Registered
2,975 Posts
I also prefer something more elegant, but also think the new face just doesn’t photograph super well. Saw it in the flesh on an M4 last weekend and thought it looked surprisingly good, and more organic than I expected.
I guess on a positive note, I'd be finally motivated to mount the front license plate.

·
Registered
3,729 Posts
I expect the look will grow on most of us. But it's not just the grille... It's all the extra scoops and swoops and the inside also seems fussy. But I think I've changed, too. My younger self wanted the interior to look like a plane cockpit.

I'll certainly not judge those who go with it. Again, I absolutely loved (and still love) my BMW.

·
Registered
546 Posts
Maybe I'm in the very tiny minority here but the only BMW I have ever wanted to own was the second generation of X6 M. I was in love with the appearance, practicability and power of that car. These neo-faux-grilles by BMW won't grow on me.

·
Super Moderator
Polestar 2, Midnight (blue), charcoal interior, non-PP
3,127 Posts
tumbleweed

<crickets...>

;)

·
Registered
5,421 Posts
The grille is really a lot, but in that we’re likely stuck with it for a while, this is probably one of the better expressions of it I’ve seen to date. I imagine this is going to be like the Lexus spindle grille, which was a bit awkward in initial applications but grew on me as they found more organic ways to incorporate it into the overall design language.
BMW can, and will, make butt ugly cars and it won't matter a whit. BMW does not sell cars on looks, they sell them on cache, lifestyle, etc. Once it hits the streets people will insist on it BECAUSE it is a BMW and nothing else. Regardless of whether the car is or is not the ultimate driving machine anymore makes absolutely no difference. People want to be seen in a BMW and they will swoon over the butt ugly design just for that privilege. BMW doesn't make too many "bad" cars anymore, but they don't even need to make great ones anymore to sell them.

Volvo had a good idea separating the Polestar brand from Volvo because the Volvo brand only pulls a certain crowd. BMW has the upper middle class "me too" crowd locked up already so there's no need for a spin off. And that demographic is a huge cash cow.

·
Registered
2,975 Posts
BMW can, and will, make butt ugly cars and it won't matter a whit. BMW does not sell cars on looks, they sell them on cache, lifestyle, etc. Once it hits the streets people will insist on it BECAUSE it is a BMW and nothing else. Regardless of whether the car is or is not the ultimate driving machine anymore makes absolutely no difference. People want to be seen in a BMW and they will swoon over the butt ugly design just for that privilege. BMW doesn't make too many "bad" cars anymore, but they don't even need to make great ones anymore to sell them.

Volvo had a good idea separating the Polestar brand from Volvo because the Volvo brand only pulls a certain crowd. BMW has the upper middle class "me too" crowd locked up already so there's no need for a spin off. And that demographic is a huge cash cow.
that may have been true before but I don’t think that holds as much anymore.
For Millennials (who are now getting to 40s), GenZ, and going forward, Tesla has superseded BMW in that role.

Merc and Jaguar are for grandpa luxury. BMW and Audi for luxury that indicates you have money but that isn’t necessarily cool. Volvo for safe and comfortable luxury. Tesla has the cache to be a status symbol.

·
Super Moderator
1,608 Posts
It was here in the UK to a degree when you only had the Model S and X - but not now. The 'common as muck' Model 3 has devalued the brand significantly.

·
Registered
5,421 Posts
It was here in the UK to a degree when you only had the Model S and X - but not now. The 'common as muck' Model 3 has devalued the brand significantly.
No different than BMW or MB. They sell many more low end cars now than ever. It's how they make their real money to support development of the high end cars. Porsche had to do this too.

41 - 60 of 106 Posts