Polestar Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
PS2 LR DM
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Are there any members who suffer from a bonnet that bulges?
On the sides, the panel gaps are relatively normal but in the middle there is a few millimeters difference on my car.

Automotive tire Automotive lighting Motor vehicle Hood Car
Silver Rim Material property Font Automotive exterior
Window Tableware Cutlery Grey Tool

·
Registered
MY22 P2, LRSM, Moon, Pilot, Plus, 20”
43 Posts
On the sides, the panel gaps are relatively normal but in the middle there is a few millimeters difference on my car.

View attachment 16101 View attachment 16102 View attachment 16103
When you close the hood, are you really sure it' closed? Because there are 2 hood locks (left & right), when I close mine, I press manually a bit harder on those locations to make sure the hood is fully closed. (not sure if this is the issue)

·
Registered
LRDM Midnight Blue, Pilot & Plus packs
208 Posts

View attachment 16101 View attachment 16102 View attachment 16103
That looks to me like the bonnet is not shut properly, or not adjusted correctly. I have to give an extra push down on mine after closing, (looks like yours until pushed down) always the left hand side. Worth checking if not already done so.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Facing the windshield, I need to push slightly harder on the left side to get the second latch to catch. If that side is sticking up for you, it might be worth the effort to check.

·
Registered
PS2 LR DM
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Facing the windshield, I need to push slightly harder on the left side to get the second latch to catch. If that side is sticking up for you, it might be worth the effort to check.
This I have also but in my case the sides are in line, it is just the middle that is higher than expected.
I will check with the dealer if there is a solution.

·
Registered
2022 LRSM Thunder/Slate/Plus/Hitch
1,496 Posts
Right, so if neither side was clicked in, the dash would throw an error, no? … in another words, when you open the hood from inside, the dash lifts up, as both sides are open.

·
Registered
2,665 Posts
Right, so if neither side was clicked in, the dash would throw an error, no? … in another words, when you open the hood from inside, the dash lifts up, as both sides are open.
As you said both sides open when you hit the release, and will throw an error, but when closing if only the sensor side is secure and the other side is still open (lifted) then no error will display.

·
Registered
non PP - Snow - Ordered Sep 20 - Delivery 01 Dec 20
144 Posts
I can't remember if it was on this forum or somewhere else but Ive seen a step guide for adjusting the height of the catches somewhere. The plastic covers come off the latches on the hood side. You can then wind the latches in or out for adjustment. Sorry I can't remember the post but I have definitely seen it done.

·
Registered
413 Posts
This fix might also be relevant to your issue.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts