Polestar Forum banner

21 - 40 of 48 Posts

·
Premium Member
134 Posts
Thanks for the thread. I hadn’t dared put pedal to the metal as waiting for an empty wide road and so reassured that when I do I’m not going to head straight into the hedge backwards sideways or any other ways. I had heard about how easy it was to spin the Kona 64 which had made me nervous about the P2 but with the calibrated throttle it’s just a big pussycat to drive. The 0-60 doesn’t matter .. if we don’t have wheel spin not many ICE cars will beat it away from the traffic lights to our 30 mph city limit. Safe solid fast no petrol no oil changes.. getting better and better.

·
Registered
Stickerless Thunder on 19's
1,743 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Thanks for the thread. I hadn’t dared put pedal to the metal as waiting for an empty wide road and so reassured that when I do I’m not going to head straight into the hedge backwards sideways or any other ways. I had heard about how easy it was to spin the Kona 64 which had made me nervous about the P2 but with the calibrated throttle it’s just a big pussycat to drive. The 0-60 doesn’t matter .. if we don’t have wheel spin not many ICE cars will beat it away from the traffic lights to our 30 mph city limit. Safe solid fast no petrol no oil changes.. getting better and better.
smoked any hot hatch that's had a go so far. not even close

·
Registered
285 Posts
Not sure I'm ever going to get bored of dusting everything away from the lights; and doing so in silence while the car left behind is having mechanical hysterics is even better 😆
Screams from my wife as I suddenly booted the car and swished past the van in front that had been delaying us.

·
Registered
1,743 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
Had a smattering of wheelspin last night when flooring it from 0 on a wet road.
Not sure if it was due to the road surface or the type of rain.
Further testing required.
Has anyone priced up new tyres yet?

·
Registered
430 Posts
0-60 times never have been particularly reliable for the average motorist. Most of them now require launch control to achieve anywhere near the quoted time and then you are revving them like mad. In real everyday driving the mid range is more important and that is pretty good in the P2 with little effort. The hot hatches etc are quick but require more effort to drive quickly which is fun at times but wearing at others. Unfortunately the roads aren't what they used to be with a lot more traffic and cameras. The P2 is a car you can have some fun in but also feel safe and relaxed when you want to.
Looking forward to trying it in the snow if we get some.

·
Registered
1,743 Posts
Discussion Starter · #35 ·
I'll get straight to the point. This car doesn't wheel spin even when you boot it from standstill in the wet. The UK roads are currently permanently damp, covered in leaves so fairly greasy. But you can stomp the accelerator like you're putting out a fire out and there's a WHOOSH and you're gone. No fuss, no wiggles or wheelspin.
I'm quite a high level of dick, so I made my girlfriend boot it (the car, steady!) last night while I stood and watched. It was great to see and hear!!! ---------INSTANT WHOOSH!!!--------
I can see why the P2 always seemed to lead (for a short while) against other EV's in drag races. The launch is 😁😁😁😁😁😁
7 months & 7500 miles later, I’m getting wheel spin in the wet. 😖

·
Registered
59 Posts
7 months & 7500 miles later, I’m getting wheel spin in the wet. 😖
That's because you've acclimatised to the performance and now you're REALLY booting it 😉

It has been spectacularly wet the last few days mind. Still, summer will be here soon; June 11th I think it is this year.

·
Registered
1,743 Posts
Discussion Starter · #39 ·
That's because you've acclimatised to the performance and now you're REALLY booting it 😉

It has been spectacularly wet the last few days mind. Still, summer will be here soon; June 11th I think it is this year.
No wheel spin until the latest update. Coincidence????????????????????

21 - 40 of 48 Posts