Polestar Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought it in Belarus and the e-sim does not work although it sees a local operator but writes that it is offline. To register on t Mobile also does not give an error 119. I installed a sim card in the upper Slot, but also zero reaction how to switch between an e-sim and a physical sim card !? Wi-Fi does not see what to do !?

·
Registered
Polestar 2 (Thunder/Slate)
873 Posts
I bought it in Belarus and the e-sim does not work although it sees a local operator but writes that it is offline. To register on t Mobile also does not give an error 119. I installed a sim card in the upper Slot, but also zero reaction how to switch between an e-sim and a physical sim card !? Wi-Fi does not see what to do !?
WiFi was broken for most cars delivered in the U.K. after December 8th, with the December software (Android version references November).

I had the next version installed at a workshop and it fixed this for me, they’ll be pushing it OTA later this month.

The SIM card isn’t active at the moment so won’t work.

When I got mine, it had a connection (so 4G and a non empty signal triangle next to it) but had an ‘x’. I went into privacy settings and accepted terms of service and it worked.

there were issues with network capacity that have been fixed a couple of weeks ago.

If it’s connected try it, if you just get an empty triangle contact CS to have it booked to a Volvo garage, they’ll fix it and upgrade you to latest software with Android 10 too.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
WiFi was broken for most cars delivered in the U.K. after December 8th, with the December software (Android version references November).

I had the next version installed at a workshop and it fixed this for me, they’ll be pushing it OTA later this month.

The SIM card isn’t active at the moment so won’t work.

When I got mine, it had a connection (so 4G and a non empty signal triangle next to it) but had an ‘x’. I went into privacy settings and accepted terms of service and it worked.

there were issues with network capacity that have been fixed a couple of weeks ago.

If it’s connected try it, if you just get an empty triangle contact CS to have it booked to a Volvo garage, they’ll fix it and upgrade you to latest software with Android 10 too.
so the situation is the same signal is complete but there is a cross. and where is the confirmation of the conditions? when setting up a profile, it goes to setting up a connection to T mobile. and there he will not register again because he writes offline

·
Registered
873 Posts
so the situation is the same signal is complete but there is a cross. and where is the confirmation of the conditions? when setting up a profile, it goes to setting up a connection to T mobile. and there he will not register again because he writes offline
In the UK you don't have to register with T-mobile, just accept the terms and conditions once. This might have been done for other cars in the UK before delivery, but I had to go and do it myself.

I'm aware in some other european countries this is mandatory and personal details have to be collected, is that the case for Belarus too?

FWIW I just went to "Settings" -> "Privacy and data sharing" -> "Internet terms of service" and there was a button labelled "Accept and connect". I did this and it immediately connected.

What do you see when you go there?

This button hasn't appeared since then for me, I had other 4G issues like most people in the UK, but the option to accept T&Cs never appeared there again. All the issues were fixed two or three weeks ago by Polestar/T-Mobile in the backend, no change to the car required.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
In the UK you don't have to register with T-mobile, just accept the terms and conditions once. This might have been done for other cars in the UK before delivery, but I had to go and do it myself.

I'm aware in some other european countries this is mandatory and personal details have to be collected, is that the case for Belarus too?

FWIW I just went to "Settings" -> "Privacy and data sharing" -> "Internet terms of service" and there was a button labelled "Accept and connect". I did this and it immediately connected.

This button hasn't appeared since then for me, I had other 4G issues like most people in the UK, but the option to accept T&Cs never appeared there again. All the issues were fixed two or three weeks ago by Polestar/T-Mobile in the backend, no change to the car required.
The car is in Belarus, but today I am leaving for Russia will be the first polestar in Russia. This is what I get when I go into agreements

Attachments

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

The machine sees the local mobile operator, but is also offline

Attachments

·
Registered
873 Posts
The machine sees the local mobile operator, but is also offline
Yeah same as mine, so you don't get anything else on that page? Mine had the button to accept and connect and just worked, do you not get anything there at all?

In any case at least it's not a hardware issue, just contact CS they might be able to activate the data service remotely, they might have forgotten to do something.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
further only Registration is available. and it does not end because there is no Internet, a vicious circle. can you give Contacts CS !?

·
Registered
873 Posts
further only Registration is available. and it does not end because there is no Internet, a vicious circle. can you give Contacts CS !?
Just use the polestar website or app to start a chat, I find they respond quickly.

If you prefer to talk to someone just press the connect button above the mirror in the car (not the SOS one!)

Was Belarus in the list of launch countries or was this imported from another country by any chance?

It might be the case that data roaming is only activated once registered on a network of the country it was sold in? Just guessing.

·
Registered
P2, Performance, Thunder
2 Posts
mines just been into dealer today, as had no internet whatsoever, upgraded to Android 10, TCAM re-set and it appears to have worked a treat, also now connects to wifi networks, also range improvement, will see what other bits later on, this upgrade will apparently be coming on OTA but if you call CS they will book it into dealer
little tip, take the big key and not the sports key ;-)

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
mines just been into dealer today, as had no internet whatsoever, upgraded to Android 10, TCAM re-set and it appears to have worked a treat, also now connects to wifi networks, also range improvement, will see what other bits later on, this upgrade will apparently be coming on OTA but if you call CS they will book it into dealer
little tip, take the big key and not the sports key ;-)
yesterday I got to Moscow with problems. I will probably write a separate post about the problems. after crossing the border with Russia, the Internet did not work. and I drove to the Volvo auto center. there, in principle, they hear about polestar for the first time, on Monday we are going to make a request and describe here the further development of the situation. Another question is whether there is any telegram or maybe another messenger in which there are Polestar owners in order to exchange information faster. if not, it might be worth creating. we have such a chat in Russia for Tesla, I have 2 and 3 Tesla cars

·
Registered
873 Posts
According to the providers webpage it’s only meant to work in the following countries:

You can use HotSpot Drive at no additional cost in the following countries:

Andorra, Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Croatia, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Great Britain, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Monaco, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Vatican City.

Looks like nearly all of Europe is covered, however Belarus, Ukraine, Moldova, Russia and Turkey (the last two being partially in Europe) are not.

·
Registered
873 Posts
As I’m assuming you plan to use the car in Russia, your best bet is to get the WiFi fixed so you can tether to your phone.

Until the car is marketed in Russia I doubt they’ll arrange for roaming there via the T-mobile SIM. At best a future update might enable the SIM slot to use with a local SIM card.

A couple of people claimed success in getting WiFi to work by briefly disconnecting the battery, it didn’t work for me but might be worth a try.

If you get the WiFi working, you’ll presumably have no issues to get future OTA updates too.

Is the Volvo XC40 P8 sold in Russia? If it is then local Volvo dealers should at least have the right equipment / training for most of the bits of the Polestar 2!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts