Polestar Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Super Moderator
Polestar 2 350kW, Midnight (blue), charcoal interior, non-PP
3,328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
To all those who (like me) had the free BP Pulse credit last year: I've checked with BP Pulse and although the 12 month free subscription will come to an end after the year, the remaining credit on the account for charging will never expire so you can keep using it up. Obviously you'll then pay the higher rate for each charge but you don't have to start paying the monthly subscription to keep the credit valid.

If you prefer you can of course start paying the monthly subscription and then your credit will be used to pay for the actual charging sessions, at the reduced rate.

·
Registered
70 Posts
To all those who (like me) had the free BP Pulse credit last year: I've checked with BP Pulse and although the 12 month free subscription will come to an end after the year, the remaining credit on the account for charging will never expire so you can keep using it up. Obviously you'll then pay the higher rate for each charge but you don't have to start paying the monthly subscription to keep the credit valid.

If you prefer you can of course start paying the monthly subscription and then your credit will be used to pay for the actual charging sessions, at the reduced rate.
Thanks for the reminder, I'll make sure I don't end up paying for a subscription.

·
Registered
694 Posts

That's how I'd prefer it to work. Let's see if that is how it actually works ;-). I made a (small) dent in mine at least, about £150 so if get nothing more I can live with that.

·
Registered
Polestar 2 (Thunder/Slate)
1,099 Posts
I tried cancelling the subscription via the app and didn't as the app warned me that this would also cancel the access card, which would be annoying.

1 year anniversary is in a few weeks, but they might have stacked this to the three months free for signing up, so I'll wait for the first month to be charged before cancelling.

Has anyone cancelled the subscription without the card stop working? This doesn't make much sense to me as I had the card since I signed up, before the free subscription kicked in from Polestar!

·
Registered
Void non-PP Tow Bar
341 Posts
I have used precisely 0 pounds and 0 pence of my credit, gladly I have free charging from South Lanarkshire council (long may that last). Unless BP invest in some chargers near me, then I doubt I will ever use it, shame really as I am sure Polestar have paid for this up front. Thanks for the heads up though, must remember to cancel the subscription before they charge me, some time next year.

·
Registered
617 Posts
I tried cancelling the subscription via the app and didn't as the app warned me that this would also cancel the access card, which would be annoying.

1 year anniversary is in a few weeks, but they might have stacked this to the three months free for signing up, so I'll wait for the first month to be charged before cancelling.

Has anyone cancelled the subscription without the card stop working? This doesn't make much sense to me as I had the card since I signed up, before the free subscription kicked in from Polestar!
You don’t really need the card, as all you need to do is enter the charger ID into the app and it will deduct any credit you have or deduct it from a registered credit/debit card.

The membership card is only handy if you use the BP network a lot as sometimes you have to search for the charger ID and so can be faster.

·
Registered
Midnight | 20" (Summer) / 19" (Winter) | Dec. 2020
56 Posts

I cancelled the subscription, as happy for PAYG, and have now lost all my credit, as well as card stopped working. Found this out whilst stood at a charging station - entering the Point ID on the app just got the warning "you'll need to top up". As usual with BP, they dont know their **** from their elbow - currently "investigating" - this was 2 weeks ago. Also raised with PS, and been told BP Customer Services will deal with it. So not really much of a sweetner from PS after all - used around £40 of the £450.

·
Registered
Void, Slate, Non-PP on 19's
204 Posts

I cancelled the subscription and my key fob still works fine. I have sometimes found it difficult to locate the charger serial number, and sometimes the app hasn't wanted to play ball getting a charge going, and of course no one ever answers the phone. Flawless (so far) with the rfid card that lives on my keyring.

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
You don’t really need the card, as all you need to do is enter the charger ID into the app and it will deduct any credit you have or deduct it from a registered credit/debit card.

The membership card is only handy if you use the BP network a lot as sometimes you have to search for the charger ID and so can be faster.
I prefer to use the card, it’s much quicker to swipe it than use the app to initiate a charge. I only had to use the app once when the touch screen was unresponsive so o pulsar initiate one with the card.

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
So far one case where someone cancelled the subscription and all is fine (card works, credit still there) and one case of the precise opposite happening.

I’m not cancelling mine until I use the credit I guess, I’ve got about £280 left, I can probably manage £50/month if I almost exclusively use bp for all my charging, so could use it all over 4-5 months with the subscriptions kicking in in a month.

Not super convenient but it’s free so can’t complain really.

·
Registered
Void, Slate, Non-PP on 19's
204 Posts
So far one case where someone cancelled the subscription and all is fine (card works, credit still there) and one case of the precise opposite happening.

I’m not cancelling mine until I use the credit I guess, I’ve got about £280 left, I can probably manage £50/month if I almost exclusively use bp for all my charging, so could use it all over 4-5 months with the subscriptions kicking in in a month.

Not super convenient but it’s free so can’t complain really.
Just to be clear, I never had the credit, bought my car in May this year.

·
Super Moderator
3,328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I haven't cancelled any subscription but I have cancelled the direct debit on my NatWest app so if they try to take it, it simply won't work. Then if they moan, I'll cancel it on the BP Pulse app too. We've used about £250 of our credit as we use the 50kW rapid chargers as inspiration for places to go and walk the dog, as most around us are at hotels with nice grounds!

Reactions: kkonstan

·
Super Moderator
3,328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Hmm, so it looks like I misunderstood their email - if you cancel your subscription, you will LOSE the remaining credit. Pity as I have about £200 left on there, but I guess it was free anyway!

I'll have to cancel my subscription then as if they try to take the Direct Debit, which I've cancelled at the bank's end, it will fail and it might affect my credit rating :(.

·
Registered
694 Posts
I'm with @kkonstan, wait to see if/when they take a monthly payment, and then consider cancellingafter that. It's only £7ish. We might get an extra 3 months or they might deduct the monthly fee from your remaining credit (unlikely) or they might still be as inept as when they set up the account, and fail to charge at all!

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
I'm with @kkonstan, wait to see if/when they take a monthly payment, and then consider cancellingafter that. It's only £7ish. We might get an extra 3 months or they might deduct the monthly fee from your remaining credit (unlikely) or they might still be as inept as when they set up the account, and fail to charge at all!
They will use the credit for the full invoice total, so that would include the subscription fee, so that thing is certain.

Speaking of ineptness, I know this because they accidentally charged me a subscription fee in October, quickly followed by an email apologising and offering £10 credit (so net gain of £2.15).

·
Super Moderator
1,738 Posts
I've used less than a tenner of mine...
I'll have to cancel my subscription then as if they try to take the Direct Debit, which I've cancelled at the bank's end, it will fail and it might affect my credit rating :(.
What gives you that idea? A cancelled direct debit is a cancelled direct debit.

If your bank returns a direct debit unpaid because you had insufficient funds, then they may report that to a CRA, but they certainly cannot and will not if you've cancelled it!

·
Super Moderator
3,328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Just being a bit paranoid :)

In any case, I had this confirmation back from BP Pulse today that (contrary to what they've been telling others) cancelling my subscription wouldn't wipe out my credit:

Font Circle Number Parallel Art

·
Super Moderator
3,328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
They'll probably refund it to Polestar ;)

• Haha
Reactions: kkonstan
1 - 20 of 23 Posts