Polestar Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I apologize if this is a dumb question, but this is my first EV.

I know many ICE cars have a break-in period where they have certain recommendations (i.e. for first 1200 miles, don't "red-line", try vary the RPMs rather than a constant, etc.).

Are there equivalent recommendations for EVs? I realize some behaviors can wear the batteries down faster (i.e. lots of full use cycles, lots of DC fast charging, charging to 100%, draining all the way to 0%, etc.) But are those any worse when the batteries are "new" and should be avoided?

Do DC motors have any sort of equivalent break-in recommendations too?

I realize this isn't a P2 specific question, so let me know and I can delete the topic too.

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
No break-in required.

However the disc and brakes are the same as any new disc / brakes..... Don't hammer them new.

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
As for batteries.... Regardless of what you do you will lost battery % early in a cars life. However the good news is that most new cars including the PS2, keep several kW hidden as to hide this lose.

Regardless of time try to minimise big charges. On a long trip its better to stop more and charge less than one big stop.
Doing 3-4 20-60% charges is better than 1-2 5%-90% charges.

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
No break in required. And actually most ICE cars no longer require any break in either.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts