Polestar Forum banner

Who else is planning on using the Scrap-It program in BC ?

• Total voters
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The Polestar 2 does not qualify in Canada for the federal rebate nor for the provincial rebate in British Columbia. There is however an interesting program (scrapit.ca) that allows you to get $6,000 dollar for an old vehicle if you bring it in to be scrapped (all details on that website) and replace it by an EV.
In order to be able to use this program, the car dealership needs to register with Scrap-It.
Most electric vehicle brands do (see list also on the Scrap-It website - except Tesla).
The company that will run Polestar in BC (Gain Group out of Victoria, BC) confirmed the following to me:
"We definitely will participate, and we are in the final process to register the business and the sales licences up for Polestar Vancouver. Once they are in place we will register for this program and advise you and the other future owners of the opportunity to register your car for the Scrap-it program".
This is exciting news as I do have a (very) old car which is maybe worth $1,500 for which I can now get $6,000.
I thought this might be useful information for some folks in BC.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Rumours are that the next Federal budget in Canada, coming mid-September, will expand the federal tax credit or rebate program for electric cars. Hopefully, they'll raise the eligibility EV price ceiling to include the P*2.
Now I'm hoping for a bit of a delivery delay to see what happens!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Rumours are that the next Federal budget in Canada, coming mid-September, will expand the federal tax credit or rebate program for electric cars. Hopefully, they'll raise the eligibility EV price ceiling to include the P*2.
As much as I would love that, in principle I don't agree with raising the price ceiling. The last thing we really need is more subsidies for households that aren't struggling

·
Registered
50 Posts
I think that all EVs should pay no taxes for the next 5 or 10 years. Or else the change will take over 100 years making the situation completely pointless. Norway is doing it, many EU countries follow example. It is time for the rest of the world imho.

·
Premium Member
271 Posts
I think that all EVs should pay no taxes for the next 5 or 10 years. Or else the change will take over 100 years making the situation completely pointless. Norway is doing it, many EU countries follow example. It is time for the rest of the world imho.
Well don't expect us in the U.S. to do anything rational... Especially not before the next election.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts