Polestar Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
Void non-PP Tow Bar
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, today was supposed to be the day I've been waiting for since October. Delivery of my shiny new Void Polestar 2.
Alas, its still in Glasgow, after they attempted to perform a software upgrade on it yesterday prior to delivery, its broken. The description I was given was that the centre screen became blank and they have tried full resets, battery disconnects etc and its 'dead jim'.
Polestar tech are now 'remoted' into the car to diagnose, this all just fills me with dread, I have been looking forward to getting this car for so long and it's already broken. It certainly doesn't bode well for trouble free ownership.

·
Registered
Stickerless Thunder on 19's
1,856 Posts
Sorry to hear that @KonaKen - I would be unconsolable.
FWIW my car was in today for the software update as I had no 4g for 2 weeks. Was supposed to be a 45 minute wait but the car wouldn't come out of connect mode. Would've been fine to drive, but I wouldn't be able to lock it. I had to leave the car for 3 hours while Polestar looked at it remotely. I just drove it back & all appears fine.
Stay positive. After driving a Volvo XC60 diesel for 20 miles I'm reminded that our car is on another planet of excellence (dispite the hiccups)

·
Registered
Void non-PP Tow Bar
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Sorry to hear that @KonaKen - I would be unconsolable.
FWIW my car was in today for the software update as I had no 4g for 2 weeks. Was supposed to be a 45 minute wait but the car wouldn't come out of connect mode. Would've been fine to drive, but I wouldn't be able to lock it. I had to leave the car for 3 hours while Polestar looked at it remotely. I just drove it back & all appears fine.
Stay positive. After driving a Volvo XC60 diesel for 20 miles I'm reminded that our car is on another planet of excellence (dispite the hiccups)
I am trying to stay positive, its put a bit of a downer on the whole 'new car excitement'

·
Registered
33 Posts
I am trying to stay positive, its put a bit of a downer on the whole 'new car excitement'
What a bummer, must be disappointing. On the bright side, at least it's getting sorted and this will be left long in the distance when you put your foot down! Mine had to go in on the day I took delivery after an error message. It's been in a few times since and it definitely detracted from the new car experience, but everything seems fine now and it's so nice to drive that all is forgiven.

·
Super Moderator
Polestar 2, Midnight (blue), charcoal interior, non-PP
2,867 Posts
So frustrating! But to be fair, this is almost certainly the dealers, not the car. And the dealers will learn, and get better, as it's all new to them, particularly the Android Automotive aspect. They'll get there! Soon you'll have your car and it'll all be forgotten :).

·
Registered
Void non-PP Tow Bar
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Update this evening is that a ‘module’ is being replaced, so might be ready to deliver Friday. Fingers crossed 🤞

·
Super Moderator
Polestar 2, Midnight (blue), charcoal interior, non-PP
2,867 Posts
Only one more sleep then! :)

·
Registered
Void non-PP Tow Bar
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
No update today but then the polestar delivery guy was up in Peterhead today. Don’t fancy that drive in one day

·
Registered
Void non-PP Tow Bar
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
They are taunting me now. I have the V5 registration document, arrived in the post this morning. Still no car though.
Wondering if it actually exists😢

·
Registered
12 Posts
My polestar 2 has now broken twice before delivery. It was supposed to be delivered on the 16th February but got told day before delivery that a control unit was broken and the part didn't arrive in time. Then got told a couple of days later the part wouldn't be delivered until 26th Feb. They have given me a very nice XC60 T8 as a loan car. Now, they have told me the new part has been fitted but they are having trouble updating the software to the newest version. Thankfully it's only a lease car and I'm not buying it. Really doesn't give me confidence that it won't be in the garage a lot.

·
Registered
Void non-PP Tow Bar
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Once mine was delivered it’s been great since. Media control unit replaced on it, which I fear has lead to a rattle behind the screen so will need to get that sorted.
Seems the updates seem to bring issues to the surface, as they were updating mine when the failure occurred.
Electronics are funny like that, don’t like being powered off and on, especially when being updated.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts