Polestar Forum banner
81 - 100 of 126 Posts

·
Registered
'22 Void I Performance I Plus I Leather
138 Posts
Wow which space promised the free power upgrade? Lol
Another San Antonio area owner I met at the SA EA chargers told me the Austin rep told him this but I told him based on my experience I wouldn’t trust a word out of that sales rep’s mouth. He probably just told him that so he could sell one of the last in stock cars he had with the performance package…anything is possible I suppose but I would be happy to pay for it if it ever gets to the US. 🤨

·
Registered
8,652 Posts
It's so dumb it's just the performance upgrades of 67hp plus the new lowered springs with new color new wheels wider tires. Not worth 14k
You could do this to any Polestar. I waiti forgot it also has a front stabilization bar in the front that anyone could put in there car.
Actually there are 166 different modifications to a standard PP P2.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Actually there are 166 different modifications to a standard PP P2.
Where did you find that? I like the idea of this car, it might actually be the first EV with serious track hardware. Hopefully they fix the overheating issues on track

I read that it was 47 for the US and 15 for Canada.
That seems to be what the press release are saying. Maybe the slide I saw was not the finalized number

I did get a confirmation email...
Ok found it haha. Was blocked as spam

·
Registered
'22 Void I Performance I Plus I Leather
138 Posts
I read that it was 47 for the US and 15 for Canada.
Something tells me that since these are all individually ordered, they will probably end up allocating the numbers based upon demand. Probably starting with a baseline estimate and going from there. In reading more about the car, it seems there are a number of modifications that would provide improvements for anyone tracking the car. Not sure whether it would matter enough for day-to-day commuting, which is what I use mine for...may not matter at all as no one from Polestar has contacted me to offer one up... :LOL:

·
Registered
335 Posts

‘Stiffer springs’ must be some sort of race car delusion. It’s already very highly sprung…

270 to be made.

Wheel Tire Land vehicle Car Vehicle

·
Registered
Ordered: LRDM, Snow, Pilot Lite, Plus + Zinc
139 Posts
Edited - learnt my lesson to preview what I write
Does anyone know if the production number of 270 has any significance? It does not seem to be related to an anniversary, power / torque output or similar, but is a weirdly specific number. Or do you think that maybe they did a stocktake and found 270 widgets/chips in a box in Storeroom 12 that they can now use up ?

·
Registered
2021 Midnight PP leather tow
178 Posts
Anyone know how those damper adjusters work? Look like they're in the frunk? Does it mean you can make all the adjustments there instead of going under the vehicle?
This is from the demo car I got a ride in in feb, I assume it's based on this? I think these are the damper adjusters
Car Vehicle Automotive lighting Grille White

·
Registered
Ordered: LRDM, Snow, Pilot Lite, Plus + Zinc
139 Posts
This. They totally overshadowed it. I’d rather put my money towards the P3 now, because I’m much more excited for it given the teasers.
But can you really cross-shop the P2 and P3? A near XC90 sized SUV vs sedan ? If you can, I fear you haven't really defined what is you are looking from the vehicle. Form follows function in my mind.

·
Registered
4,384 Posts
I seriously considered going for one, but I think the car I've already got is the best fit for me... Providing Polestar eventually comes through with the power, lol.

I mean, could I get the tow hook on the BST?

Reactions: nbvolks

·
Registered
136 Posts
I did get a confirmation email, yes. I tried calling the person back twice and emailed them twice, and got no response back. The person said they only work Monday to Friday so not sure if the 48 hour window was calendar days or business days, hoping for the latter. All in all, I’m not really sure where I stand at this point. Funny thing is, it was Polestar US that called me so maybe it’s all a mistake 🤷‍♂️
As an update, I tried calling and emailing again and still haven’t received a response back. I’m not really sure what’s going on. I’m pretty annoyed with the lack of engagement after initially getting my hopes up. I’m leaning towards declining (if I even have a choice at this point), not only because of this, but also because it’s overall not really practical as a daily driver, not convinced I’d make good use of the performance upgrades anyway, and those custom fitted tires will likely wear quickly and are probably hella expensive to replace given it will be my daily.

81 - 100 of 126 Posts