Polestar Forum banner
101 - 120 of 126 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
As an update, I tried calling and emailing again and still haven’t received a response back. I’m not really sure what’s going on. I’m pretty annoyed with the lack of engagement after initially getting my hopes up. I’m leaning towards declining (if I even have a choice at this point), not only because of this, but also because it’s overall not really practical as a daily driver, not convinced I’d make good use of the performance upgrades anyway, and those custom fitted tires will likely wear quickly and are probably hella expensive to replace given it will be my daily.
I'm with you on this. Haven't got a call yet, but if I do, not sure what I'd do. It seems pretty impractical as a daily driver in Canada. Those wheels and tires will not do well on Toronto roads. And then there is the convo I'll have to have with my partner... "It's like the one I've ordered...but a LITTLE nicer. Oh, the price?"

·
Registered
136 Posts
I'm with you on this. Haven't got a call yet, but if I do, not sure what I'd do. It seems pretty impractical as a daily driver in Canada. Those wheels and tires will not do well on Toronto roads. And then there is the convo I'll have to have with my partner... "It's like the one I've ordered...but a LITTLE nicer. Oh, the price?"
Haha yeah I can 100% relate. I attempted that one already, but in my case it is about double the price of the one we have on order (LRSM no packs). You can guess how that conversation went. I asked Polestar whether financing was available, whether it qualified for the Canadian EV incentive, and whether the deposit was refundable. No response, but I did notice financing rates went up again recently so at best you could probably get the 3.49% now available.

·
Registered
32 Posts
As an update, I tried calling and emailing again and still haven’t received a response back. I’m not really sure what’s going on. I’m pretty annoyed with the lack of engagement after initially getting my hopes up. I’m leaning towards declining (if I even have a choice at this point), not only because of this, but also because it’s overall not really practical as a daily driver, not convinced I’d make good use of the performance upgrades anyway, and those custom fitted tires will likely wear quickly and are probably hella expensive to replace given it will be my daily.
Polestar really needs to get their crap together. No one knows how this is getting allocated. First come first serve? Lucky draw? Current owners get priority? And nothing on when they will let us know by...

·
Registered
136 Posts
Polestar really needs to get their crap together. No one knows how this is getting allocated. First come first serve? Lucky draw? Current owners get priority? And nothing on when they will let us know by...
Well they apparently have formulated some sort of list, though not sure how that list was derived. Now they are working their way down it, crossing off names that say no or don’t respond. Though apparently it doesn’t matter if you respond, they ghost you anyway 😩

·
Registered
996 Posts
Well, if they're savvy enough, then their marketing department is taking those interest response forms and using them to cross reference various social media platforms to see if the person has followers and/or posts regularly about their vehicle (whether a current Polestar owner or not).

Then rank the prospective buyers off of that and work your way down the list.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Well, if they're savvy enough, then their marketing department is taking those interest response forms and using them to cross reference various social media platforms to see if the person has followers and/or posts regularly about their vehicle (whether a current Polestar owner or not).

Then rank the prospective buyers off of that and work your way down the list.
Well I can confirm Polestar is not that savvy then, because I don’t use much social media 😂

·
Registered
8 Posts
Agree completely. My conversation would go something like this: You know how we just sold our Model Y Performance because it was expensive and had a really rough ride?…

·
Registered
62 Posts
So I got the call. Was almost hoping I wouldn't to save myself the decision. It's amazing but the three-pack P2 I have on order is already pushing my budget, plus the BST is just too impractical as my only vehicle/daily driver here in Canada. I regretfully declined. Really hope I see one of you with one on the road though.

·
Registered
136 Posts
So I got the call. Was almost hoping I wouldn't to save myself the decision. It's amazing but the three-pack P2 I have on order is already pushing my budget, plus the BST is just too impractical as my only vehicle/daily driver here in Canada. I regretfully declined. Really hope I see one of you with one on the road though.
I can’t believe they’re still working through their list nearly three weeks later. I guess uptake is low.

·
Registered
996 Posts
I also just got the call this afternoon. I was in a meeting, so they left a message for me to call them back if I'm still interested.

I'll give them a call, but they'd have to unseat me from my launch edition under some favorable terms in order to get me to go for it.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I also just got the call this afternoon. I was in a meeting, so they left a message for me to call them back if I'm still interested.

I'll give them a call, but they'd have to unseat me from my launch edition under some favorable terms in order to get me to go for it.
I dont think they need to convince anyone to unseat their current car. They will much rather just go down the list and be done with.

I missed the call and I have not been able to get a hold of anyone. They don't even reply to my numerous emails. They just keep moving down the list and ignore those that missed the one and only phone call.

·
Registered
136 Posts
I dont think they need to convince anyone to unseat their current car. They will much rather just go down the list and be done with.

I missed the call and I have not been able to get a hold of anyone. They don't even reply to my numerous emails. They just keep moving down the list and ignore those that missed the one and only phone call.
I get the sense that if you don’t just say yes unconditionally, they move to the next person. Anyone who has asked a question has been ignored.

101 - 120 of 126 Posts