Polestar Forum banner

BST Edition?

28K views 183 replies 49 participants last post by  14Ringer 
#1 ·
Considering a Polestar 2 as an option via a new salary sacrifice scheme we now have at work.
It’s run by Tusker Cars, and they’re now showing the performance pack with the power upgrade, but also a “BST Edition”, which appears to have 21” wheels, and is only available in Snow or Thunder. There must be some other differences though, as the P11d value is 10k more than even the dual motor with all the packs added.
Searching only yields other lease companies listings. Does anyone know what the actual differences are?
J

#4 ·
I think you might be on to something there. This article also alludes to the experimental hill climb vehicle being inspired by a pre-production prototype nicknamed “beast” rather than the other way around:

Could be interesting…

J

#5 ·
Noticed some additional details in the Tusker listing:
  • 21in Alloy Wheels - Gloss Black Diamond Cut BST Edition
  • Front Strut Bar
  • Unique Ohlins BST Edition Dampers
Also:
Height: 1448 mm (normally quoted as 1473mm!)
Range: 283 miles (down from 300?)

#10 ·
I think it will be a production version of Thomas Ingenlath's "Beast".

-It has 21" black wheels.

-It's lowered (presumably with a pre-production form of the soon to be released lowering springs)

-It has painted to match lower cladding. That part aligns with a comment made by a Polestar USA rep at a Polestar event today. I asked if an upcoming special edition he mentioned would come in a new color(s). He said it "would have something a little different". Body matched cladding would fit that, and wouldn't be a huge lift for Polestar to implement.
Wheel Car Tire Land vehicle Vehicle

Tire Car Wheel Vehicle Grille

Car Vehicle registration plate Vehicle Land vehicle Wheel

#12 ·
I actually also found some info on another Belgian Leasing company called ciacfleet. I added more info on a reddit post:

I am currently holding back on ordering one because I hope they will anounce this soon. I actually think it would make sense that they announce it at goodwood FOS this year…

#13 ·
I suspect this is also why the Performance Pack has been pulled from the US ordering system. They probably want to make some headlines by releasing this special edition along with the traditional Performance Pack that will now come with the added power numbers.

#18 ·
The specs are already leaked (including pictures).
  • snow and thunder
  • 21 wheels all black (P1)
  • 6 piston brakes (P1)
  • black trim painted in body colour
  • special ohlin dampers
  • 476 HP
So if you look at the vide above you get a good impression. I will upload the pictures on request after official announcement.

#22 ·
The floor label states Polestar 2 Engineer BST Edition 250. Prob the same car as video above. I wonder if 250 mean the number it will produce.

Ok me the thing to note is the tire size is 275 so not the same as manual.

#31 ·
Should make it exactly the same. They're advertising the BST as sitting 25mm lower than stock (non-Performance Pack).

The Performance Pack then already sits 5mm lower than the non-PP cars, and the leaked specs for the lowering springs state a 20mm drop, and they're only usable on PP cars. So, seems to me, that yeah, they're the same springs.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.