Polestar Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
772 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, perhaps a silly thing, but I’m confused about something. The first time I got in my car, I was surprised to see just how limited the rear visibility was, even though I’d already read a lot of posts about that. I don’t see it as a problem, but it is a bit unusual to me. So my question is, what’s going on with those big bulges in the roof liner that limit the rear visibility? What’s in there? I imagine you need some room for the hinges, but my Audi A4 hatchback doesn’t have any bulges in the liner to accommodate the hinges.

So what’s inside those bulges? I realize that I’m lobbying a softball here for snarky answers, so fire away.

·
Registered
2021 2
2,586 Posts
I’ve wondered that too.
The whole rear window has a couple inches of thick plastic around it that’s presumably part of the hatch mechanism. But I’ve seen plenty of hatches that don’t need that to maintain their seals. I think Polestar designers basically assume no one uses the rear window?? Just like the 2nd front cup holder....

Obligatory: hehe rear bulge hehe

·
Registered
201 Posts
I’ve wondered that too.
The whole rear window has a couple inches of thick plastic around it that’s presumably part of the hatch mechanism. But I’ve seen plenty of hatches that don’t need that to maintain their seals. I think Polestar designers basically assume no one uses the rear window?? Just like the 2nd front cup holder....

could be aesthetics? I actually like the look.

·
Registered
772 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Just like the 2nd front cup holder....
off-topic, but is the 2nd cup holder inside the armrest removable? I’d like to take it out to free up more room in that compartment. It kind of looks like it should be removable, but not sure how. Maybe I just haven’t pulled on it hard enough.

·
Registered
2021 2
2,586 Posts
off-topic, but is the 2nd cup holder inside the armrest removable? I’d like to take it out to free up more room in that compartment. It kind of looks like it should be removable, but not sure how. Maybe I just haven’t pulled on it hard enough.
there’s a tab on the side that needs to be pulled in. After that it comes out.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts