Polestar Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
'21 P*2, 19", Midnight/leather, +tow
865 Posts
thanks for the heads up!!

Edit: Any reason Polestar 2 isn't listed here:

Polestar 1 is. so hopefully a temporary oversight?
Polestar 2 is listed on other California databases.

·
Registered
865 Posts

I shot an email to Mike/Alane and the Polestar San Jose Space to see what can happen.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

I think it's an oversight.
The splash page says:

The California Clean Fuel Reward is available to all California residents who buy or lease new electric vehicles with a battery capacity greater than 5 kWh.

This instant electric vehicle reward is offered on a sliding scale, depending on battery size, up to $1,500.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Polestar 1 is listed but no Polestar dealers.... I have a feeling we’re going to just miss out on this. Let us know what you hear, @polerad !

·
Registered
865 Posts
Polestar 1 is listed but no Polestar dealers.... I have a feeling we’re going to just miss out on this. Let us know what you hear, @polerad !
Yeah I'm hoping it's a quick fix. If they have Polestar 1 in there, no reason they couldn't get Polestar 2 in, esp since Polestar 2 is listed in the CA clean vehicle rebate program.

Since this is a time of sale rebate, easiest thing is basically not actually complete the sale until Polestar can get this sorted. While I do want the car ASAP, I'd be willing to wait a bit - $1500 buys a significant amount of beer and burritos is all I'm sayin'!

Notably, Volvo San Jose is listed but not Volvo Marin or Palo Alto! Audi Palo Alto is listed though!

·
Premium Member
1,026 Posts
Yeah I'm hoping it's a quick fix. If they have Polestar 1 in there, no reason they couldn't get Polestar 2 in, esp since Polestar 2 is listed in the CA clean vehicle rebate program.

Since this is a time of sale rebate, easiest thing is basically not actually complete the sale until Polestar can get this sorted. While I do want the car ASAP, I'd be willing to wait a bit - $1500 buys a significant amount of beer and burritos is all I'm sayin'!

Notably, Volvo San Jose is listed but not Volvo Marin or Palo Alto! Audi Palo Alto is listed though!
With that much beer and burritos, we'll have a fine test of the wavetech seats!

·
Registered
865 Posts
Slight update-
David (Bay Area Space manager) replied after I went to sleep (he’s also a night owl it seems). He says he sent in the paperwork for this a month ago and hadn’t heard back and will call them again today.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Slight update-
David (Bay Area Space manager) replied after I went to sleep (he’s also a night owl it seems). He says he sent in the paperwork for this a month ago and hadn’t heard back and will call them again today.
Great to know that they’re on top of it. I’d love to be able to take advantage this weekend. Wonder if they created their online account - it all looks pretty straightforward for retailers on the website, but then I am not an automotive retailer.

·
Registered
California | 2
46 Posts
My county’s CCA energy provider has a similar $1000 rebate on purchase of a New EV… that only applies if the new EV is under $45,000. Nice to see a rebate that (in theory) applies to our vehicle of choice.

It’s a shame there are so many different ones that are so complicated. I’d still prefer that all this money go to building up charging infrastructure. But I’ll take free money if I can get it.

·
Registered
123 Posts
I think it is great that states are offering these rebates. SLC has some of the worst air in the country in the winter, and it is a lot more to register an EV in the state than an ICE. Frankly the air quality is the main thing that drove me to getting this car and bailing on the Audi. Do your part right...

·
Registered
121 Posts
Chatted with Alane this morning - he confirmed they are well aware of the clean fuel credit and Polestar has applied a while ago. They are waiting to hear back as of today. They expect that this credit should be available soon for our car, so hopefully if it gets here in the next few weeks it will all work out. Now, I'm just waiting for the stars to fully align so I can buy a couple of chargers on black friday at a further discount!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts