Polestar Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
'21 2 | Palo Alto, CA
896 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm a n00b at this so thought I would compile things about Polestar 2 set up and registration in California:

Federal rebate:
Cash/Finance: Use IRS form 8936
Lease: Polestar currently doesn't pass this to the customer, despite prior assurances. I'm trying to get this clarified.

CVRP rebate: Income cap of $150k/yr individuals, $300k/yr joint filers
see here: Eligibility Guidelines

HOV sticker: DMV info here: https://www.dmv.ca.gov/portal/vehic...n-air-vehicle-decals-for-using-carpool-lanes/
But, Polestar should be taking care of this - need to confirm.

Badass CA black/vintage license plates:
DMV info: https://www.dmv.ca.gov/portal/vehic...ial-interest-and-personalized-license-plates/
Do I order these now or does Polestar do this for me?

Please add any other info to this thread @PolestarMG @joshuamj @Jeff_in_SF @julianm @Sri vardhan kooturu and any other Californians!

·
Registered
California | 2
58 Posts
Tesla did not take care of my CAV decal (HOV sticker). If I recall, this was the order of steps before I got my FasTrak CAV device:
  1. Receive real registration
  2. Apply for CAV decal and/or CVRP (DMV form Reg 1000, which must be physically printed out and mailed).
  3. Receive CAV decal
  4. Apply for FasTrak CAV + Flex
Note also that CAV decals expire Jan 1, 4 years after issue. So if you can wait until January from now, I’m not sure it makes sense to apply for the CAV decal immediately. Given how long it’s taken me to receive my registration in the past, though, one would have to be incredibly lucky to receive real registration that quickly after delivery.

Reactions: polerad

·
Registered
123 Posts
I think the current orange color CAV sticker would look pretty crappy on Midnight. Hope the 2021 color is more complimentary - says "color to be determined by DMV" still on their website.

·
Registered
California | 2
58 Posts
I think the current orange color CAV sticker would look pretty crappy on Midnight. Hope the 2021 color is more complimentary - says "color to be determined by DMV" still on their website.
This is very much a consideration for me. I never stuck the stickers on my Tesla. I’ll do so if I ever have to daily commute again and feel I really need them. But man the stickers are so ugly.

I have my fingers crossed that 2021 will be Yellow. Seems unlikely, but would be great to get close to matching Performance Package highlight color.

Also, really, they couldn’t be bothered to even design the stickers to be mirrored, like flag patches, where the circle should always be pointing toward the front of the car? Come on.

Reactions: ProfessorCook

·
Registered
Polestar 2, midnight, non PP, Leather upgrade.-cancelled Nov
45 Posts
Lease: Polestar currently doesn't pass this to the customer, despite prior assurances. I'm trying to get this clarified.
How did you find this?
Does it mean that if I lease Polestar does not account $7500 federal rebate from the lease?
Right now, the estimate on my dashboard indicates that federal rebate has been accounted for.

Thanks

·
Registered
45 Posts
Tesla did not take care of my CAV decal (HOV sticker). If I recall, this was the order of steps before I got my FasTrak CAV device:
  1. Receive real registration
  2. Apply for CAV decal and/or CVRP (DMV form Reg 1000, which must be physically printed out and mailed).
  3. Receive CAV decal
  4. Apply for FasTrak CAV + Flex
Note also that CAV decals expire Jan 1, 4 years after issue. So if you can wait until January from now, I’m not sure it makes sense to apply for the CAV decal immediately. Given how long it’s taken me to receive my registration in the past, though, one would have to be incredibly lucky to receive real registration that quickly after delivery.
I AGREE!

·
Registered
'21 2 | Palo Alto, CA
896 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
How did you find this?
Does it mean that if I lease Polestar does not account $7500 federal rebate from the lease?
Right now, the estimate on my dashboard indicates that federal rebate has been accounted for.

Thanks
this is from the lease terms sheet I got from the Space manager which did not include anything about the $7500 rebate.
I raised this to the manager who gave me an explanation that to me didn’t make sense, frankly, and doesn’t cohere with the information that is still online in the configurator.

I raised this to the Space manager and CS via an email in which I explained the differences I see. I also gave my opinion that this will likely lead to further loss of customers given the discrepancy of bottom line price in comparison to other EVs in this range. I plan on following up with a call tomorrow.

my guess/hope is this is a simple misunderstanding and should be easily rectified. Would be helpful to know if the NY or LA spaces are doing things differently.

·
Registered
45 Posts
this is from the lease terms sheet I got from the Space manager which did not include anything about the $7500 rebate.
I raised this to the manager who gave me an explanation that to me didn’t make sense, frankly, and doesn’t cohere with the information that is still online in the configurator.

I raised this to the Space manager and CS via an email in which I explained the differences I see. I also gave my opinion that this will likely lead to further loss of customers given the discrepancy of bottom line price in comparison to other EVs in this range. I plan on following up with a call tomorrow.

my guess/hope is this is a simple misunderstanding and should be easily rectified. Would be helpful to know if the NY or LA spaces are doing things differently.
Thanks for the information. Really appreciate it. I'll see what happens when it's my turn for paperwork

·
Registered
154 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Has anyone actually got their permanent registration yet after delivery? Wondering about the timeline, as it’s required to apply for some of these rebates that run out at EOY.

·
Registered
'21 2 | Palo Alto, CA
896 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Has anyone actually got their permanent registration yet after delivery? Wondering about the timeline, as it’s required to apply for some of these rebates that run out at EOY.
Not yet. I think this comes with the plates?
If so, I think those should come ~1-1.5 mo after Polestar files the paperwork. So I guess need to confirm that Polestar sent the info in

For now, you should have a temporary tag - can you use that number and the VIN for the rebate? Fed rebate just needs VIN, make/model, and date of purchase

1 - 13 of 13 Posts