Polestar Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Super Moderator
1,396 Posts
Interesting. Are you not required to have a first aid kit in the car? Over here, it's a finable offence not to have one or to have an epired one.

·
Registered
2021 2
2,587 Posts
Interesting. Are you not required to have a first aid kit in the car? Over here, it's a finable offence not to have one or to have an epired one.
are you all meant to be paramedics on demand?
semi seriously why would they mandate carrying first aid kits around?

·
Registered
535 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I don't think it's a legal requirement in the UK?? But I had a first aid kit anyway that I carried in my previous car, which I've just chucked in. I've been a trained first aider for the last 10-15years, so always carried one (I don't think I've ever had one issued with any of my previous new cars)

·
Super Moderator
1,357 Posts
There's no requirement in the UK to carry one. I have never touched the first aid kit in any car I've ever owned... they did all come with one though (well certainly my last half a dozen BMWs).

·
Registered
4,263 Posts
are you all meant to be paramedics on demand?
semi seriously why would they mandate carrying first aid kits around?
For one it's the only reason we wind up with one. And maybe it's related to the reason we spend more per capita on healthcare than anyone else and yet have poorer outcomes.

·
Registered
702 Posts
Definitely not a requirement in the UK, but it is for any continental driving based on my experiences. To be fair not sure we have ever used ours either...

·
Registered
864 Posts
Similar situation with varying laws in uk/europe with other stuff, for example carrying warning triangles, hi-viz jackets, spare bulbs.
And i wonder how many people are driving round with out of date first aid kits and tyre gunk beyond its use by date.

·
Super Moderator
Polestar 2, Midnight (blue), charcoal interior, non-PP
2,877 Posts
We've occasionally raided the first aid kit in the car for scuffs and grazes. It's one of those things where it sits there being useless baggage... until it's suddenly not useless and you need to bandage up a cut. We've always had one together with a warning triangle and high vis vest as it just seems common sense.

·
Registered
764 Posts
We've occasionally raided the first aid kit in the car for scuffs and grazes. It's one of those things where it sits there being useless baggage... until it's suddenly not useless and you need to bandage up a cut. We've always had one together with a warning triangle and high vis vest as it just seems common sense.
We keep a torch (us: flashlight) in our car as well as the items you mentioned. Of those, a warning triangle is the only required item to have in the car in Sweden.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts