Polestar Forum banner
1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
Stickerless Thunder on 19's
1,856 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’m stuck right now. I stopped charging to pop out & the car thinks I’m still connected to the charger. Was there a quick fix? I did the reboot, shut down, now trying the walk away & leave 20 mins.
Added: got hold of Polestar on the Helpmepolestar button. Got a call from a Volvo/P* tech guy- “ Walk away Renée”. 2nd one he’s had locally in 24 hours. He thinks it may be connected to the heating schedule update.

·
Super Moderator
Polestar 2, Midnight (blue), charcoal interior, non-PP
2,867 Posts
Can you press the button to pause charging?

Is the cable still connected, i.e. would it let you release the cable? Rapid or home charger?

Also try sitting in the car, pressing the door lock button on the centre console, then the door unlock button:

Failing all of that, the lock it and walk away from the car (so it doesn't "see" the fob) for 10-15 minutes is the next thing, yes.

If that doesn't work, are you in a position to plug the cable back in, get it charging, then stop charging?

·
Registered
1,856 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Can you press the button to pause charging?

View attachment 2243

Is the cable still connected, i.e. would it let you release the cable? Rapid or home charger?

Also try sitting in the car, pressing the door lock button on the centre console, then the door unlock button:

View attachment 2244

Failing all of that, the lock it and walk away from the car (so it doesn't "see" the fob) for 10-15 minutes is the next thing, yes.

If that doesn't work, are you in a position to plug the cable back in, get it charging, then stop charging?
Thanks our Leader
Cable released fine. Charging was set to 90%. Was at 81% when I unplugged. I did try reconnecting & unlocking. It started charging fine but wouldn’t recognise the disconnection (had same problem with ex-girlfriends).
I’ll try again when I’ve eaten my soup (M&S chicken, mushroom & rice. Hearty).

·
Super Moderator
2,867 Posts
Hmm... maybe try plugging it in to charge again but this time pressing the unlock button on the infotainment system and waiting for it to think it's paused/stopped charging before removing the cable?

Things to try while munching soup :).

Are you able to stand on one leg and whistle the Star Spangled Banner backwards while offering an M&S prime sirloin steak to the gods of charging?

Good luck!

Reactions: Terran

·
Super Moderator
2,867 Posts
I read somewhere that changing charging limit fixes this issue.
Good point - try setting the charging limit to being well below the current charge state... then maybe plug in again, count to 10, then turn off charging...

·
Registered
1,856 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Technician/mechanic thinks it’s an Onboard Charger issue.
If this happens to anyone else, when you walk away for 20mins just shut down the normal way (park, leave car & lock). This allows a quicker shut down.
Can’t tell you anything else I’ve learned. I couldn’t cope with the guilt

·
Super Moderator
2,867 Posts
Thanks, noted... so are you still stuck? Does the car need retrieving? :(

·
Registered
1,856 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks, noted... so are you still stuck? Does the car need retrieving? :(
He got it going.
As soon as he arrived he got it moving by forcing it in a way he couldn’t show me. Sorted now though. But he advised I book it in with Volvo. Waiting for them to call back. Not sure what they’ll be able to do if I have the latest firmware.
As I was stood outside with him I also noticed a roof panel lifting on 1 side. So that’s nice

·
Registered
436 Posts
He got it going.
As soon as he arrived he got it moving by forcing it in a way he couldn’t show me. Sorted now though. But he advised I book it in with Volvo. Waiting for them to call back. Not sure what they’ll be able to do if I have the latest firmware.
As I was stood outside with him I also noticed a roof panel lifting on 1 side. So that’s nice
View attachment 2247
Maybe that was from when it was wrapped rather than Polestar. May just need pushing down to click into place.
Hope you get home ok.

·
Registered
1,856 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Maybe that was from when it was wrapped rather than Polestar. May just need pushing down to click into place.
Hope you get home ok.
🙄
Maybe from the wrap. You maybe right!
While I was out trying to (unsuccessfully) push it back in, I noticed 1 of the headlights & both rears are misted up inside. You name it I’ll find it today!

·
Super Moderator
2,867 Posts
Glad you're not stuck, but it does sound like a genuine bug. We need to watch to see what combination of button presses they do to unstick such situations...

How annoying about the roof wrap causing presumably the plastic panel to pop back out, perhaps contracting in the colder weather and wasn't re-affixed properly? Must admit I'm not sure exactly how the wraps are done but this confirms my approach of not touching such things.

If the misted lights don't clear, it means the vacuum seal has gone in the lights which is normally a manufacturing defect and results in the whole light having to be replaced if it doesn't clear itself once they've been on for a bit.

Not your day is it Dave? :(

·
Registered
1,856 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Glad you're not stuck, but it does sound like a genuine bug. We need to watch to see what combination of button presses they do to unstick such situations...

How annoying about the roof wrap causing presumably the plastic panel to pop back out, perhaps contracting in the colder weather and wasn't re-affixed properly? Must admit I'm not sure exactly how the wraps are done but this confirms my approach of not touching such things.

If the misted lights don't clear, it means the vacuum seal has gone in the lights which is normally a manufacturing defect and results in the whole light having to be replaced if it doesn't clear itself once they've been on for a bit.

Not your day is it Dave? :(
I’ll keep an eye on them.
There’s worse things to deal with.
onwards & upwards!

·
Registered
863 Posts
As soon as he arrived he got it moving by forcing it in a way he couldn’t show me.
Is that the fabled emergency release lever???? :unsure:
While I was out trying to (unsuccessfully) push it back in, I noticed 1 of the headlights & both rears are misted up inside. You name it I’ll find it today!
Welcome to the growing band who it appears are being rejected by their cars. We are not worthy!

·
Registered
1,856 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Is that the fabled emergency release lever???? :unsure:

Welcome to the growing band who it appears are being rejected by their cars. We are not worthy!
Don’t forget I’m still on back order for a windscreen after mine got chipped.
“and most battered brand new car award goes to..... “

·
Registered
262 Posts
Glad they got the driveability issue sorted for you Dave. Think we should recommend you for the UK Polestar test driver position as the engine might be good for 127mph but who knows re the bodywork and your test team might be uncovering other issues! 💯😀

1 - 20 of 56 Posts