Polestar Forum banner

1 - 20 of 69 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi guys ... my order's expected delivery is in Sept..but, yet to be contacted by anyone from Polestar...what about other Canadian members of this forum? Does anyone have an update?

I did mail Polestar regarding same yesterday...will update here once I get a reply...

Also, good number of reviews from US/UK/Europe based journalists...but, struggling to find one by a Canadian...In case you have come across one, please do share....

·
Registered
49 Posts
The Canadian media drive was postponed apparently. I heard that from the PR folks. So it might be a while.

Some Canadian media were supposed to be on a test drive event in Detroit a few weeks back... but that wave was cancelled due to Covid.

·
Registered
38 Posts
On the Polestar website and app, my order (put in on July 20th) is estimated for September delivery. When I ordered and spoke with Michael, I was told it was actually end of October/early November and that the Sept date was just a placeholder on the website. I hope we'll be hearing from them soon re test drives, but I have my doubts.

·
Registered
23 Posts
hi guys ... my order's expected delivery is in Sept..but, yet to be contacted by anyone from Polestar...what about other Canadian members of this forum? Does anyone have an update?

I did mail Polestar regarding same yesterday...will update here once I get a reply...

Also, good number of reviews from US/UK/Europe based journalists...but, struggling to find one by a Canadian...In case you have come across one, please do share....
Hi, I just got of the phone with Polestar (Alane). I'm in British Columbia and placed my pre-order in Feb 2019 and my final order June 3rd, 2020 (so should be one of the first ones on the list) and they informed me that unfortunately all deliveries have been pushed back. Test driving only available in Vancouver beginning of October when the Polestar Space there opens. First car will be delivered end of October. My order also showed August, then September (still showing that), but now it's end of October. My earlier post that indicated that deliveries would be at home before the Spaces open (from internet source) seems to be incorrect with this new information.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hi, I just got of the phone with Polestar (Alane). I'm in British Columbia and placed my pre-order in Feb 2019 and my final order June 3rd, 2020 (so should be one of the first ones on the list) and they informed me that unfortunately all deliveries have been pushed back. Test driving only available in Vancouver beginning of October when the Polestar Space there opens. First car will be delivered end of October. My order also showed August, then September (still showing that), but now it's end of October. My earlier post that indicated that deliveries would be at home before the Spaces open (from internet source) seems to be incorrect with this new information.

I am in BC as well.....yep, looks like deliveries would be in October...I placed my order on July 20th...so mine, I guess, would be delivered in November 🤞🏽

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The Canadian media drive was postponed apparently. I heard that from the PR folks. So it might be a while.

Some Canadian media were supposed to be on a test drive event in Detroit a few weeks back... but that wave was cancelled due to Covid.

Ooh...good info..thanks!

·
Registered
416 Posts
My condolences!
Were you able to get out of Alane the source of the delay?
Looking at a German forum they're having deliveries proceed in one area of the country, while being delayed in another, and with deliveries proceeding in Norway and now the UK, I imagine this is something specific to Canada like a regulatory matter or setting up the proper paperwork for leasing/financing.

I haven't heard of anything similar in the US and if anything apparently we're meant to get our VINs this week, with a boat load of cars already at port in our state.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
My condolences!
Looking at a German forum they're having deliveries proceed in one area of the country, while being delayed in another, and with deliveries proceeding in Norway and now the UK, I imagine this is something specific to Canada like a regulatory matter or setting up the proper paperwork for leasing/financing.

I haven't heard of anything similar in the US and if anything apparently we're meant to get our VINs this week, with a boat load of cars already at port in our state.

I heard US may have some future tariff issues..not sure..haven't read properly about that....but, if that's the case maybe they are prioritizing US deliveries first...not much distance between Vancouver & SF

·
Registered
23 Posts
My condolences!

No specific reason given apart from "under the present circumstances". That could mean anything.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Thats pretty much what I expect, November delivery. Suits me fine as I have my current car untile december end. Sad to put a brand new and shiny car on the road at the beginning of dirty and salty winter.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Test drives in Montreal will only be available in the Fall according to Alane. So I don't think the be much happening in Toronto/Montreal until October. Hopefully, Vancouver will have some action before then.

·
Registered
17 Posts
So I may have the opportunity to test drive the Mach-e before having to make a final decision on the Polestar after all. Not a bad scenario.

·
Registered
64 Posts
I told support I would prefer winter tires installed if delivery slips up to end of november.
Mike told me it would probably be possible.
He didn't know which tire model though.

I expressed my preference towards Nokian.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Not a bad idea but I'm afraid of doing anything that may add to a delay! I've got a lease return early December and I would hate to have to bridge with a short term lease if delivery is later than expected.
Given that, I've had a consistent message of delivery at the end of October /early November since I ordered (and was told to ignore the September date attached to my order).
I'll just find my inner zen place until then, or at least until a test drive.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I've seen in the owners manual a warning not to rotate wheels front to back on the car. Do they use different size wheels (width? offset?) front and back?

·
Premium Member
353 Posts
I've seen in the owners manual a warning not to rotate wheels front to back on the car. Do they use different size wheels (width? offset?) front and back?
Ok... I'm ready for you guys to object vociferously... but here goes...

I don't think you should rotate tires at all, particularly for these cars. I contend that tires wear in for their own particular location on a car. As they do so, the tire patch expands, finds it's most efficient location under load, with the suspension, with your roads, and with your driving style. The speed of wearing slows. When you rotate the wheels, I contend the tires are now uncomfortable, you lose a bit of control and handling over the short-term, and the tires have to wear in to their spot all over again. Just after rotating, the rate of wear is high again and the contact patch is smaller and displaced from it's natural state. As they wear in all over again, the rate of wear eventually slows down as they get comfortable again and the tire patch returns to normal.

These beliefs come from many years paying attention to a wide variety of sources and educated comments on forums and such. I also see a conflict of interest when tire manufacturers and dealerships push tire rotation... If it causes tires to wear more quickly, they enhance their profits a bit, no? I also think that tire rotation is so deeply entrenched in our culture that people strongly believe it is true and right, even if it isn't really.

I'm willing to learn more and change my opinion, of course, but this is where I've ended up after years of careful contemplation and discussions.

1 - 20 of 69 Posts