Polestar Forum banner

41 - 60 of 69 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
I was scared and feeling a bit stupid ordering a car like that.
But then I remembered I ordered and bought my 2005 S40 T5 over the phone, without any test drive (I was stuck home for 5 months in a halo vest, go ahead, Google it).
And later, in 2016, I just drove to the dealer, pointed a slightly used V60CC and said "Put some winter tires on this one please", filled the papers, called the insurance and went home with it.

So...

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
I wish I had your courage..LoL!

·
Premium Member
339 Posts
But then I remembered I ordered and bought my 2005 S40 T5 over the phone, without any test drive
Let's be honest. What's the chance that you'll slide into a brand new car, drive it for a half hour, and say "nah... I don't like it?"

Maybe, I suppose, but I think you do your research and you can make a good decision. I'm buying this car without seeing it in person.

·
Registered
409 Posts
Let's be honest. What's the chance that you'll slide into a brand new car, drive it for a half hour, and say "nah... I don't like it?"

Maybe, I suppose, but I think you do your research and you can make a good decision. I'm buying this car without seeing it in person.
Given how much we’ve all mentally invested already, as evidenced by this forum, confirmation bias alone insures against buyers remorse 😀

·
Registered
507 Posts
Given how much we’ve all mentally invested already, as evidenced by this forum, confirmation bias alone insures against buyers remorse 😀
Exactly. Once you've convinced yourself you like it, the seat would have to put daggers in your back for you to begin to hate it.

·
Registered
63 Posts
I did ...Ahem

It was a Honda Civic around 2011. The local dealer was advertising trade price on all new Civics so I thought why not, I was thinking of another car as 3 years were almost up and the warranty was due to run out. Unfortunately for the salesman even though I said It was a consideration among others he took that to mean that I would be in a position to purchase, he insisted on valuing my existing car, drawing up some of the paperwork to buy a Civic and only then allowing the test drive. He was in the car jabbering away about how cool the features were including the "space age" digital dash. All I could hear were the squeaks and rattles from the acres of plastic dash in a car that had only done 2,000 miles. Plus my back started aching and headroom was pretty much borderline. I was non-commital during the test drive umming and ahhing in the right places and I could tell he was getting excited that he was going to ensnare me in a sale. He was therefore astounded that as we headed back to the showroom I said that it was c**p and that it was a bucket of bolts and it's given me terrible backache and I walked away and got straight into my car.

·
Premium Member
339 Posts
I did ...Ahem
Yeah, but you didn't watch something like 20 videos of people reviewing the car (including, I admit, reviewers doing the review in languages I don't understand), lol.

Really, it's pretty amazing that there have been so many video and written reviews on this car already and, really, the criticisms have been few and minor.

·
Registered
507 Posts
Yeah, but you didn't watch something like 20 videos of people reviewing the car (including, I admit, reviewers doing the review in languages I don't understand), lol.

Really, it's pretty amazing that there have been so many video and written reviews on this car already and, really, the criticisms have been few and minor.
I can barely stand to read or watch another video review. :LOL:

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #50
Mail I received from Polestar today -- confirming deliveries will be in November

"We wanted to inform you that while your Polestar 2 is making its way to you from the factory, we are still waiting on a final certification from the Canadian government before we can start deliveries of the Polestar 2 in Canada. As a result of the delay, we expect deliveries of the Polestar 2 to commence in November.
Once your Polestar 2 is ready for delivery, we will contact you directly to schedule your preferred delivery date.
We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience this may cause."

·
Registered
507 Posts
Mail I received from Polestar today -- confirming deliveries will be in November

"We wanted to inform you that while your Polestar 2 is making its way to you from the factory, we are still waiting on a final certification from the Canadian government before we can start deliveries of the Polestar 2 in Canada. As a result of the delay, we expect deliveries of the Polestar 2 to commence in November.
Once your Polestar 2 is ready for delivery, we will contact you directly to schedule your preferred delivery date.
We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience this may cause."
What was your original month?

Frankly I won't be upset if they delay all NA deliveries while they work out bugs and support issues. I'll just stay in my lease a little longer.

·
Registered
38 Posts
I just spoke to Mike to get more specifics on Canadian delivery. First deliveries in Canada now targeted for November as the email update says. Toronto space scheduled for Oct-Nov opening and will have test drives available at that time.
The Montreal space is now targeted to open in 2021 with no plans for a Montreal pop-up before then. So if I want a test drive before my delivery, I would have to go to Toronto.
Toronto would also coordinate my delivery in Montreal and Mike thinks that the car would be delivered to Montreal (500 km away) for the handover and there should not be a charge for that.
Mike was great as usual, but I am far from reassured that I will have a Polestar in November as my current lease comes to an end.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Toronto would also coordinate my delivery in Montreal and Mike thinks that the car would be delivered to Montreal (500 km away) for the handover and there should not be a charge for that.
Can't find the source but I remember someone (probably Hugues Bissonette, Polestar canadian manager) saying the inventory would be in Halifax, where the ship unloads.
It would be stupid to ship the cars to Toronto and then back to Montréal...

·
Registered
507 Posts
Can't find the source but I remember someone (probably Hugues Bissonette, Polestar canadian manager) saying the inventory would be in Halifax, where the ship unloads.
It would be stupid to ship the cars to Toronto and then back to Montréal...
Logistics! They do that kind of stuff all the time for what are ultimately efficiencies that on the surface seem inefficient.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #60
What was your original month?

Frankly I won't be upset if they delay all NA deliveries while they work out bugs and support issues. I'll just stay in my lease a little longer.
I ordered in July but at that time it showed delivery to be in September.....

Frankly, these are my thoughts as well..more time to iron out minor bugs....but new car delivery in November in Canada winters...not ideal....especially for our friends in Quebec & Ontario..I hope they give an option for adding winter tires without a delay in delivery date..

Also, what if shipment arrives earlier than the certifications...I hope they have enough staff to update the cars...

Sorry for being a little pessimistic....I am in BC maybe it's the smoke covered skies & polluted air...

41 - 60 of 69 Posts