Polestar Forum banner

101 - 110 of 110 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
That is disappointing. Here in SF we got a heads up email right when the site opened to the public. Without that heads up I wouldn't have known to immediately go online. I'm glad I did immediately go because the site booked up for the first >1 week within a couple hours of being open. Seems they didn't give you the heads up?

Hard to know but it seems the demand or at least curiosity is well outpacing their allocations for each of our markets. So they have little incentive to cater too much to us (sometimes long-standing) pre-order holders.

Also it seems certain things are subject to what the local dealer is meant to be handling versus Polestar central (Mike/Alane) and this might fall into that.
It is outright unacceptable. No heads up what soever If this is the way Polestar intends to treat their paying customers, then that's it for me. I will give them one more chance to set this right by calling in with one last plea and if they can get me a test drive by creating an opening for me, then I'm cancelling my order.

·
Registered
567 Posts
It is outright unacceptable. No heads up what soever If this is the way Polestar intends to treat their paying customers, then that's it for me. I will give them one more chance to set this right by calling in with one last plea and if they can get me a test drive by creating an opening for me, then I'm cancelling my order.
I've definitely been at that point myself so can empathize.
But I'd encourage you to hold on because it really is a nice car and I feel you might regret cancelling over this logistical issue.

For one thing there is a very high likelihood that the Polestar website is plain screwed up or that the test drive page on the web site launched before they actually got scheduling in order - have you spoken with CS about it?
When I first tried to book in SF there was an IT snafu preventing me from booking and Alane hooked me up over the phone. Even now, I can't see online what the test drive availability is for the SF PopUp for next week.
I think it was Napoleon who said "never attribute to malice what can be attributed to [Polestar web development] incompetence"

I'd call or chat online with CS and ask them to get you a test drive booked for next available when/where convenient for you. Even if it seems far off, at the rate that they're (not) making deliveries in N America, I suspect you'll definitely be able to get the test drive in before you're meant to take delivery.

·
Registered
47 Posts
I've definitely been at that point myself so can empathize.
But I'd encourage you to hold on because it really is a nice car and I feel you might regret cancelling over this logistical issue.

For one thing there is a very high likelihood that the Polestar website is plain screwed up or that the test drive page on the web site launched before they actually got scheduling in order - have you spoken with CS about it?
When I first tried to book in SF there was an IT snafu preventing me from booking and Alane hooked me up over the phone. Even now, I can't see online what the test drive availability is for the SF PopUp for next week.
I think it was Napoleon who said "never attribute to malice what can be attributed to [Polestar web development] incompetence"

I'd call or chat online with CS and ask them to get you a test drive booked for next available when/where convenient for you. Even if it seems far off, at the rate that they're (not) making deliveries in N America, I suspect you'll definitely be able to get the test drive in before you're meant to take delivery.
Thanks for the empathy, but I hate to tell you it was Alane himself who I spoke to and who said "BTW you should book your test drive since we just opened it today for the Vancouver area..." I called by coincidence because my emails and reminders over the last two weeks simply remained unanswered (around payment modalities and insurance) . This has nothing to do with the website. It's first come first serve and many simply booked before me. I do get the email about "your car has left the port and is on its way to Canada", but i get no notification about test drives. "Sorry, but we are full booked - no bookings possible for test drives"...
As I indicated I will beg for one more time (phone again) and if they don't create an opening for me - then that's it, and my deposit then better comes back very quickly to my cc ! They've had it for 20 months now.
I found out two weeks ago by calling ICBC (which is the State owned insurance provider - monopoly for car insurance in BC) that they never heard of Polestar. I asked them how new car companies could then get cars insured and they explained that it's a long process (at least 3 months), and that they don't have any pending application by a brand called Polestar. I confronted Alane with that question and he has no answer. He points me to the "dealer". I can't do anything with a car sitting in my driveway (which he confirmed on the phone today is coming mid November) if I can't insure it for at least the next 3 months... I asked again by email to confirm that I will be able to insure the car through the Crown Corporation (ICBC). No answer. I also got an email about a month ago that there's a delay in the delivery because a delay of getting the cars certified by Transport Canada for road use...
The same Alane told me 2 weeks ago on the phone that the Space in Vancouver would open Oct 15. That's today. My office is on the other side of the street... and the place used to be a restaurant, has been boarded up ever since and nothing is happening.
If there's an issue, then that's fine, but then share it with the customer, don't just keep inventing stories.
I'm getting the impression there's a lot we are not being told over and above to the unforgivable handling of test drive bookings.

·
Registered
219 Posts
At least in the UK, the initial link said all test drives were booked up, but if you clicked through that page to the actual booking system there were still a few available slots in certain locations. You might check for similar and keep checking as cancellations occur and new days keep getting added

·
Registered
567 Posts
FYI, it looks like test drives haven't actually started in Vancouver. So all slots being taken is probably because another failure if their website. I got this e-mail (it says Toronto and Montreal have started but Vancouver is in the fall).

In support of this, Mike/Alane have many times confused LA for SF and vice versa over the phone with me. So if they told you something like “test drives in your area will open soon” there’s a decent probability they got Vancouver and Toronto/Montreal confused or something like that.

·
Registered
47 Posts
In support of this, Mike/Alane have many times confused LA for SF and vice versa over the phone with me. So if they told you something like “test drives in your area will open soon” there’s a decent probability they got Vancouver and Toronto/Montreal confused or something like that.
They are really completely confused. I called Alane again today after he told me to book my test drive for Vancouver "since they added Vancouver". Coincidentally while I was talking to him, I also got the above email and i said "wait, look at what I'm getting here". I read it out loud and there was a pause ... his reply then was "oh sorry, that means there are no test drives in Vancouver yet, the site is open, but you will get "fully booked" . They just don't know themselves what's going on. The reason I'm calling them is because I've been trying to send them an email over the last three weeks with a number of questions. I've been given three different email addresses for customer support, including Alane's direct email and no matter how many emails I send to them, nothing is arriving - AT ALL.
Their whole system is seriously messed up - that of course we knew already for some time.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #108
Dammit I just tried booking a test drive in Vancouver & it says all slots booked

·
Registered
47 Posts
Dammit I just tried booking a test drive in Vancouver & it says all slots booked
See posts above. You can enter your address but there are actually no test drives available yet (dixit Alane).

101 - 110 of 110 Posts