Polestar Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2021 2
2,202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here’s another temporary bug for which all’s well that ended well

was reparking my car after clearing stuff out of my driveway. Rear tires were near the gutter. Front half of car in the driveway with right (US passenger) side near our other car. After parking, clearing the way, and coming back into the car, I put the car into reverse (didn’t have seat belt on, if it matters) and car inched forward instead of back. I checked “R” was highlighted, pressed the selector to “R” again and again car went forward and not back. Now I was pretty close to our other car so was concerned I’d hit it if anything more went. So I cycled through P R D. In D I purposefully went forward an inch or so. Then flipped back to R and then it finally went backwards. I parked finally. Closed up and locked.

I sent our CS a note. Anyone else see something like this?
I’m on the LTE Feb update. Unclear if I have the recall update.
All’s well that ends well I guess.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Here’s another temporary bug for which all’s well that ended well

was reparking my car after clearing stuff out of my driveway. Rear tires were near the gutter. Front half of car in the driveway with right (US passenger) side near our other car. After parking, clearing the way, and coming back into the car, I put the car into reverse (didn’t have seat belt on, if it matters) and car inched forward instead of back. I checked “R” was highlighted, pressed the selector to “R” again and again car went forward and not back. Now I was pretty close to our other car so was concerned I’d hit it if anything more went. So I cycled through P R D. In D I purposefully went forward an inch or so. Then flipped back to R and then it finally went backwards. I parked finally. Closed up and locked.

I sent our CS a note. Anyone else see something like this?
I’m on the LTE Feb update. Unclear if I have the recall update.
All’s well that ends well I guess.
Morning - yes this happened to me last week but thankfully I was not in a tight space. Put car into reverses and gently put foot on pedal expecting some movement but only slightly and as if there was some reluctance on the car to move. I then applied a bit more pressure to pedal and suddenly the car jolted backwards at speed!. Thankfully I hit the brake so no issues but if something had been directly behind me who knows! For clarity - There were no restrictions on the road to reduce the car moving backwards. Now I am aware of this I am extremely careful when reversing!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts