Polestar Forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Driving since Nov 2021, without any major issues. But luck ran out, I guess. Luckily, it happened at home on the driveway. It started with overnight charging error discovered in the morning. After usual troubleshooting, the car still won't charge. It was responsive, although PAK couldn't unlock the car. I needed the black key to unlock by touching the door handle.

Then as I tried to move the car into gear, it started showing bunch of errors in the IC, e.g., propulsion system error, drive to service immediately etc. But it won't drive.
Automotive design Vehicle Personal luxury car Gas Auto part

I moved on with an attempt of hard TCAM as suggested by KKonstan (apologies if I got the name wrong). After trying for about 10 mins, I was not able to detach the TCAM battery. Admittedly, I'm not too handy and I was little nervous of inadvertently damaging something.

Next, I tried to drive one more time. This time it went to D, although propulsion error message was still on. The car drove in turtle mode with no Regen.

Finally the car got towed. It still acted randomly as I was moving the car on the tow truck bed. One moment it went in drive. Next it won't. Eventually, it had to be pulled up the ramp in tow mode.

Will keep you posted on what happens next. Less than ideal start to a long weekend but better than getting stranded somewhere far from home. So, not complaining too much.

Addendum: One strange thing was battery% would randomly change 62/71. The app was also showing randomly 62 or 71. Eventually, both settled with 62. But that was weird.

·
Registered
'22 P*2 LRDM | Midnight | Barley | Plus | Pilot | Performance
90 Posts
So sorry to read this. Hope you have the best possible service experience and it gets sorted swiftly.

Reactions: SMCB

·
Registered
631 Posts
When mine had this error, it would go into drive and reverse, but had the turtle. The error went away when it arrived in Charlotte...They kept it for a while and couldn't get any errors to show up.

• Helpful
Reactions: Meatball and SMCB

·
Registered
2022 PoleStar 2 - Dual Motors - Void
605 Posts
Wow, when it rains it pours! Seems this is happening to a lot of Polestars at once. Let's see if mine turns out to be the Battery control Unit like others on here who had this issue. I wish you the best because this is no fun, and as I mentioned in my thread it feeds the anti-EV trolls narrative of unreliability. Please keep us up to date on the cause and the fix

·
Registered
Polestar 2 Launch Edition (Thunder/Slate)
1,882 Posts
When mine had this error, it would go into drive and reverse, but had the turtle. The error went away when it arrived in Charlotte...They kept it for a while and couldn't get any errors to show up.
I think this is the most frustrating aspect of it! Mine had the error, was having trouble delivering torque consistently causing stuttering when accelerating or even cruising, still had the issue when I reversed it out of my drive to line it up with the flat bed, and disappeared when it was put in drive again to drive it up! I had it taken to Volvo anyway but according to them there was no log of any errors!
Over a year later no issues, other than the TCAM not recognising the keys every few months which I now fix myself in 5’

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
In the past, I think I had this error twice without a complete failure. First, I think soon after taking the delivery of the car, which went away very quickly.

Second time, just a couple of months ago during the road trip. It was a 10km stretch of complete downhill and the battery actually gained about 10% during that drive. In the last 2-3 kms, all of a sudden, this propulsion error popped up with battery % showing a lower number(10-20 points lower than what IC showed a minute ago) and the car went the turtle mode. After about 30 secs, it fixed itself. I now wonder, maybe there was an issue (hardware /software) all along and it was just a matter of time before it bricked the car.

In a way, I got lucky that it didn't happen in the middle of a remote park during the vacation.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Update on the car status:

Apparently it was a software glitch. I was told by the service manager at the Toronto PS that they now have a patch to fix this issue. They are keeping the car one more day to check a bit more. Expect to receive the car back tomorrow.

Don't have any complaints about service other than the fact that for about three days since the car got towed, there was no communication from the service. Although on Saturday, the service manager did pick up his cell while on vacation to advise that he can only take a look on Tuesday. I was offered rental for the short period which I didn't take due to hassle of pick-up/drop off logistics and the fact that I could manage with the second car. They said they will drop the car off at home which is about 20 kms from the service, which is a great service.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Communication Device Portable communications device Mobile device Font Gadget

Got the car back today...just noticed that it has been loaded with 2.3. So seems like all they did was just upgrade the software version..totally confused now what broke things in 2.2 then 🤨?

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
In my case, the issue happened during overnight L2 charging with 28 amps in the balmy 20-25 c. I don't think it's related to the overheating as some of the other members experienced. So it's possible, it's a software glitch. What triggered it is not clear at all.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Update on the car. In the last one week, twice, all of a sudden, the car went into 🐢 mode with significant loss of power(that's probably standard) in the middle of a drive. Luckily, both times, we were not on the highway.
The temperature outside was 15-20 c.

PS picked up the car today. Hope they can get to the bottom of it. I don't think it's just a software issue. Keep you all posted....

·
Registered
2022 PoleStar 2 - Dual Motors - Void
605 Posts
Update on the car. In the last one week, twice, all of a sudden, the car went into 🐢 mode with significant loss of power(that's probably standard) in the middle of a drive. Luckily, both times, we were not on the highway.
The temperature outside was 15-20 c.

PS picked up the car today. Hope they can get to the bottom of it. I don't think it's just a software issue. Keep you all posted....
Let me just get this straight so I fully understand. After you got the car back from being fixed for the propulsion error, you experienced turtle mode? And you had to take it back again?

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Let me just get this straight so I fully understand. After you got the car back from being fixed for the propulsion error, you experienced turtle mode? And you had to take it back again?
Yes, that is correct. They updated to 2.3 and said that the error code didn't return. Got the car back within a couple of days. In the last week, I got turtle mode twice. Let's see what they find this time.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts