Polestar Forum banner
21 - 34 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
2022 PoleStar 2 - Dual Motors - Void
557 Posts
Yes, that is correct. They updated to 2.3 and said that the error code didn't return. Got the car back within a couple of days. In the last week, I got turtle mode twice. Let's see what they find this time.
It looks definitely to be hardware related. On my Polestar they are checking everything from HV battery to the charging system and all related cables and connectors

·
Registered
557 Posts
Wow...we had the propulsion issue around the same time... So they haven't pin pointed the issue yet in your car?
LOL Nope. But to be fair, I think they just started to work on my car yesterday due to a backlog of cars. For the last two weeks I had been checking my Polestar on the app and it was sitting locked. Polestar Los Angeles is owned by a huge dealership called Galpin, which owns multiple dealerships from Ford to Land Rover. It was parked at one of their dealerships, and yesterday they moved it to the Polestar Los Angeles/Galpin Volvo location and the frunk was open, which means they were probably working on it

·
Registered
557 Posts
Just in case you haven't seen my latest post in my thread, Polestar is going to be replacing my Battery Disconnect Unit (BDU): Well, it finally happened to me

Parts ETA is 3 weeks 🥴

·
Registered
557 Posts
Thanks. What does BDU do, any idea? Good luck, hopefully you will get the car back within ETA.
It acts as an "on/off" switch for the HV battery for different EV operating modes, like charging and driving. One of it's functions is to the battery during charging, so if it's defective, it wouldn't allow DCFC. In my situation, it completely makes sense that this is the issue. How it went bad...defective unit, excess heat etc would be interesting to know.

I hope I get it back sooner than ETA :)

Reactions: SMCB

·
Registered
79 Posts
Just in case you haven't seen my latest post in my thread, Polestar is going to be replacing my Battery Disconnect Unit (BDU): Well, it finally happened to me

Parts ETA is 3 weeks 🥴
Interesting. In my case, they pinpointed the inverter as the culprit for my propulsion system error issue.

Originally they said there was no ETA for the part, but fortunately (or miraculously) the part arrived a few days later and I was able to pick up the car after a week sitting in the shop.

Hope you will get yours back soon!

·
Registered
557 Posts
Interesting. In my case, they pinpointed the inverter as the culprit for my propulsion system error issue.

Originally they said there was no ETA for the part, but fortunately (or miraculously) the part arrived a few days later and I was able to pick up the car after a week sitting in the shop.

Hope you will get yours back soon!
Thanks, I hope as well to get it back faster. In my case it makes sense, car was working fine, I just couldn't DCFC

·
Registered
557 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Not yet for me as they are waiting for the parts. But I can imagine it's not cheap because to change the BDU you have to completely drop the HV battery:

Damn, that looks super involved to drop it. I’m wondering if it’s around $10k? If you remember to ask please do bc sometimes the service writers just have you sign and move on without really going over it if it’s covered under warranty. Thnxx. 🤔

·
Registered
557 Posts
Damn, that looks super involved to drop it. I’m wondering if it’s around $10k? If you remember to ask please do bc sometimes the service writers just have you sign and move on without really going over it if it’s covered under warranty. Thnxx. 🤔
Oh definitely! But I can tell you dropping an engine is much more complicated/time consuming. You have to disconnect hundreds of coolant and oil lines, more bolts etc. Two experience techs could probably do the battery drop in around 40 minutes. Years ago I worked with an experienced mechanic to change out an engine for a 76 Mercedes 280S, and it took more than a day to remove everything, and more than a week to get everything assembled.

Once it's done for my car, I'll post everything in my thread including any costs in the invoice

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #33 ·
Just out of curiosity, did you guys see the service costs for the replacement of the inverter/BDU/etc.? I’m wondering how brutal this would be outside of warranty.
That triggers a thought....any idea on cost of extended warranty? I was never offered during the purchase. I wonder how expensive it would get if I try to buy now or in the next year or so?

·
Registered
49 Posts
That triggers a thought....any idea on cost of extended warranty? I was never offered during the purchase. I wonder how expensive it would get if I try to buy now or in the next year or so?
I sell finance for a competing manufacturer’s dealer and that finance manager must be new, or is soon to be on the lookout for a new career... Service contracts, or a program that involves extension or warranty among other things, are typically $1500-4000(+) depending on mark up and term length. Not sure about Canada, but in the US you are allowed to purchase an extension of warranty typically before your basic/limited warranty is over. I believe Volvo is a 4yr/50k? I would absolutely consider this if you intend on keeping the vehicle. I lease and wouldn’t consider owning a PS2 outside of warranty until they’ve been around for a while longer. I enjoy upgrading every so often and like staying within warranty, myself.

21 - 34 of 34 Posts