Polestar Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I took my car in my this morning for what I hoped would be a straightforward software update and headlight alignment.

I’ve just heard back from the Volvo dealer. They‘ve not touched it all day. It’s the first Polestar 2 they’ve seen and they assured me their Master Technician has had training but they have been in contact with Volvo Technical concerning my list of issues and will need to book me in again another day. I asked if the Recall had been mentioned. After reading through the notes again they realised they couldn’t release the car to me as there was indeed a safety recall on it so I will have to keep the courtesy car for probably the rest of this week.

Not happy.

·
Registered
116 Posts
oh dear.... not going to rush selling my other car then for a month or two, but appreciating not everyone is fortunate enough to have another vehicle to fall back on.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Had a mostly one way conversation with PS customer service a few minutes ago, explaining my disappointment at the dealer’s lack of progress and urgency. They promised to try to speed things up. Five minutes later I got a call from the dealer to say he has just heard that PS Field Technicians will be with them tomorrow to look at the car. It shouldn’t take a complaint but I‘m a bit happier.

·
Registered
Stickerless Thunder on 19's
663 Posts
Had a mostly one way conversation with PS customer service a few minutes ago, explaining my disappointment at the dealer’s lack of progress and urgency. They promised to try to speed things up. Five minutes later I got a call from the dealer to say he has just heard that PS Field Technicians will be with them tomorrow to look at the car. It shouldn’t take a complaint but I‘m a bit happier.
When you've got a minute could you call my broker for a delivery date please?

·
Registered
25 Posts
Good luck.
Not necessarily. I took mine into Poole volvo Saturday, they looked at it this morning and advised all done and ready with latest updates,for collection at 6pm tonight. Couldn't get there so getting it 0800 tomorrow. Hire car in meantime.
Like clockwork, if of course it had to happen at all.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Not necessarily. I took mine into Poole volvo Saturday, they looked at it this morning and advised all done and ready with latest updates,for collection at 6pm tonight. Couldn't get there so getting it 0800 tomorrow. Hire car in meantime.
Like clockwork, if of course it had to happen at all.
Did they do the recall today?

·
Registered
25 Posts
I took it in for a dodgy "12 volt battery not charging properly " notification. I heard about recall yesterday, raised the issue this morning to be told (hopefully correctly) that the system was to have the latest update that would address the known issues. I'll double check tomorrow morning.......but I've no reason to disbelieve what I've been advised. Beyond that, the service from Poole volvo was very good. If its maintained, I won't care about the odd recall.

·
Registered
2021 Polestar 2
241 Posts
Gents...for those having remedial work on their cars can you confirm which software update you have when it comes back? I have a vested interest given mine will be delivered in next few weeks.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I took it in for a dodgy "12 volt battery not charging properly " notification. I heard about recall yesterday, raised the issue this morning to be told (hopefully correctly) that the system was to have the latest update that would address the known issues. I'll double check tomorrow morning.......but I've no reason to disbelieve what I've been advised. Beyond that, the service from Poole volvo was very good. If its maintained, I won't care about the odd recall.
Thank you. No apparent reason why my local dealership couldn’t have done the same.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Gents...for those having remedial work on their cars can you confirm which software update you have when it comes back? I have a vested interest given mine will be delivered in next few weeks.
I don’t think it’s possible to be definitive, the version displayed under system in the infotainment screen doesn’t cover all aspects than can be updated by software apparently. I’ll certainly post what my screen shows when I get the car back though.

·
Registered
Stickerless Thunder on 19's
663 Posts
Does anyone think it would be worthwhile naming & recommending (or not) the Volvo dealerships that are handling the Polestar issues? I would hope that they'll all improve over time, but there may be some real stars/duds out there?

·
Registered
9 Posts
I bought my V90cc from Poole and have had nothing but praise for them. I'm taking it in for a service tomorrow. I hope I get to see yours tomorrow Jonno. Maybe they could give me it as a courtesy car to check all is OK with it :)

·
Registered
26 Posts
Slough Volvo just confirmed my car has two recalls listed for it. Headlights and suggests update. Apparently will take an hour. Booked in next Monday morning

·
Registered
581 Posts
Mine is into Norwich tomorrow (07/10) for 3 recalls: headlights, BECM, +1 (no explanation given.)
I have a feeling the BECM is a part replacement ??
Will report tomorrow (if it comes back......)

1 - 20 of 27 Posts