Polestar Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
UK order here

Car made message received at end of july 2022 with original delivery for October 2022. Now delivery is increased to December 2022 - that 5 months shipping.
Frankly im disgusted. I originally ordrd February 2022 but polsestar made me reorder in May due to no 2022 models being available any more. Talk about constant moving of goalposts.

·
Registered
2022 LRSM Thunder/Slate/Plus/Hitch
1,496 Posts
I do not think Polestar moves any goalposts or takes any pleasure to the constant delays. Yes I do get it, people are frustrated, but the logistical issues, lack of capacity, congestions are literally impacting everything which must be shipped around the globe.

·
Registered
Polestar 2 Launch Edition (Thunder/Slate)
1,809 Posts
UK order here

Car made message received at end of july 2022 with original delivery for October 2022. Now delivery is increased to December 2022 - that 5 months shipping.
Frankly im disgusted. I originally ordrd February 2022 but polsestar made me reorder in May due to no 2022 models being available any more. Talk about constant moving of goalposts.
Exactly the same with mine, but in 2020.

At least they’re consistent :/

·
Registered
MY22 Pilot Plus LRDM on 20s, Magnesium
132 Posts
Have you seen the size of Shanghai docks? 😂
They could also be storing them in a 3rd party storage facility, which is more than common in the auto industry

Some vehicle carriers make it in 30 days, others can take well over 60 days, especially if Zeebrugg is backed up as it has been in recent months, so 2 months at sea, plus 4-6 weeks once in the UK, you're at 3 months if you're unlucky which takes us to mid November.

Mine was delivered 2 days before the ETA in the order2delivery data

·
Registered
4 Posts
I know China is a big country but where are they storing all the made cars, can't be at the docks! I had my "Your car is built email" some weeks ago.
Mine was produced 27 July. My car missed the ship that departed from Shanghai 31 July. Next ship från Shanghai to Zeebrygge departs August 16, takes approx 37 days.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Same for me as well. Got my emails to say mine had been built July 29th. Only to find my expected delivery date had slipped when checking the my order page. When ordering in April the CS at the Space said expect a month or two slippage on delivery dates. So 7-9 months was my expectation, even so like many others I still don’t quite get how it can take 4 months to transport to the UK.

·
Registered
MY22 Pilot Plus LRDM on 20s, Magnesium
132 Posts
You could be one of the first cars off the latest production run of vehicles readied for shipment.
Of course, it stands to reason, they won't ship a car once it's ready, they will wait for a full consignment, so could still be a couple of weeks/a month before your car even sees the boat, then up to 3 months in transit to you (30-65 days at sea depending on assigned route)

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
O
I do not think Polestar moves any goalposts or takes any pleasure to the constant delays. Yes I do get it, people are frustrated, but the logistical issues, lack of capacity, congestions are literally impacting everything which must be shipped around the globe.
Oh, i do understand. I just dont accept.
Estimates this far out are not reasonable, covid delays were there even when I ordered. These delays were never an unknown, so I assumed they had already been factored in. At the end of the day, i dont care what the reason. Reasons are the manufacturers problem and not mine. I pay for a service not an excuse. I at least expect some freebies or discounts if that had happened with other goods or services.

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
O

Oh, i do understand. I just dont accept.
Estimates this far out are not reasonable, covid delays were there even when I ordered. These delays were never an unknown, so I assumed they had already been factored in. At the end of the day, i dont care what the reason. Reasons are the manufacturers problem and not mine. I pay for a service not an excuse. I at least expect some freebies or discounts if that had happened with other goods or services.
Freebies or discounts aren't going to get your car delivered any sooner. You can always cancel and try a build to order from another manufacturer and see how well that goes. Is this the first you are buying a car or something else build to order?

·
Registered
2022 LRSM Thunder/Slate/Plus/Hitch
1,496 Posts
Your reply indicates to me that you don’t understand the current marketplace and given constraints, even though you write that you do.

I suggest you cancel now, and move on, because there will not be any freebie of any sort coming your way, so why to be angry and disappointed later on.

It seems to me that you are missing completely the point that if you cancel, your car will be bought by someone else within days … literally. Polestar is not concerned with that type of a cancellation since it is not their directly caused negligence.

·
Registered
Ordered: LRDM, Snow, Pilot Lite, Plus + Zinc
175 Posts
I think this is an example of principles clashing with pragmatism. I also had my MY22 order cancelled, so I know the feeling. And in a perfect world, these issues should not have arisen in the first place, and in the same perfect world, there would be alternatives that would welcome your money and give you the appropriate level of customer care.

But in the real world shambles that we have around us at the moment, if you take a stand on principles, it's to an audience of 1, i.e. yourself. Unless of course you are a hire-car company putting in an order for say 60 001 cars. Then your mileage may indeed vary.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Freebies or discounts aren't going to get your car delivered any sooner. You can always cancel and try a build to order from another manufacturer and see how well that goes. Is this the first you are buying a car or something else build to order?
Yep wont get it sooner, but will compensate for poor service. We had same issue with my wives Mercedes EQA and i still dont accept that excuse either. Car companies are all crap because we accept it on mass. I would not mind if they had said 12months at order. What i dont accept, is 4 months estimate to get the sale, then triple it gradually once they have the order. Sharp practice that regulation should stamp out. Unfortunately as others have said, its same across the board so a stand of 1 wont change a thing. Us sheep are well and truly herded

·
Registered
‘23 LRDM, Pilot, Midnight, Zinc, ordered 6/2022
76 Posts
I dipped in to the Kia EV forum earlier and it was kind of funny - the problems expectant and actual EV6 owners are having are very similar. You could almost do a search and replace on EV6 for PS2 and nothing would surprise. I find it better for me to assume they’re doing the best they can. It doesn’t change the objective situation but it significantly improves my mental health.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Yep wont get it sooner, but will compensate for poor service. We had same issue with my wives Mercedes EQA and i still dont accept that excuse either. Car companies are all crap because we accept it on mass. I would not mind if they had said 12months at order. What indont accept is 4 months estimate to get the sale, then triple it gradually once they have the order. Sharp practice that regulation should stamp out.

I dipped in to the Kia EV forum earlier and it was kind of funny - the problems expectant and actual EV6 owners are having are very similar. You could almost do a search and replace on EV6 for PS2 and nothing would surprise. I find it better for me to assume they’re doing the best they can. It doesn’t change the objective situation but it significantly improves my mental health.
im ok with it really, just more disappointed the whole industry is screwed logistically. Lord knows what would happen if China decided to turn off the industrial taps/faucets. I think the whole logistics industry is at the start of a huge wake up call.

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
Yep wont get it sooner, but will compensate for poor service. We had same issue with my wives Mercedes EQA and i still dont accept that excuse either. Car companies are all crap because we accept it on mass. I would not mind if they had said 12months at order. What i dont accept, is 4 months estimate to get the sale, then triple it gradually once they have the order. Sharp practice that regulation should stamp out. Unfortunately as others have said, its same across the board so a stand of 1 wont change a thing. Us sheep are well and truly herded
Did you just insult all of us? :unsure:

No no sheep mentality at all. Just realism on what is happening. I ordered my Audi well before I even looked at a Polestar, several months in it is clear it wasn't going to happen anytime soon. A year later and there is still no build date. Some of us realise what is going on in the world; this is no longer a just in time shipping environment for many goods. If it isn't one pandemic then it is a variant or another, or shipping lanes blocked for parts, or a war that is affecting even more parts, and then everyone wants everything at the same time, and then we have got strikes as everyone wants more money now as well. It is just one thing after the other. And no you aren't taking a stand of one, you are in my opinion being a bit silly and have unrealistic expectations.

·
Registered
691 Posts
In some way I sympathise with the OP. I have had a similar issue with my order first ordered in Feb only to be cancelled and then reordered at the end of May. I understand that issues arise and especially now with Covid, semiconductor shortage, supply chain issues, etc. but my issue with Polestar till now has been the lack of information. All we have is what we can see on the Portal and then that's it. For any other information I have to check with Polestar CS and all of that has been a massive hit and miss, probably because they can't see much themselves and have to go to Polestar Sweden for additional information. For example, I was first told by them that my car would be built and come off the production line on the 10th of May, which didn't happen. Then I was told it would be the 26th of May which also didn't happen. After that I got the email to cancel my order and start again. All of this after I was told that it would be 10-12 weeks time to build and deliver a car (highly optimistic of them to say that) to Australia. If they had told me that it would 6-8 months for a custom build when I ordered the car then I would not have had an issue because I am still in that timeframe and had my expectation initially set.

Now I am not asking for any freebies, if they want to give me some freebies I am totally going to take, but it would be refreshing to hear someone from Polestar put their hand up and say yes we made some mistakes and are learning from them and promise to improve service going forwards.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts