Polestar Forum banner
1 - 20 of 80 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In the UK and got the email this morning about 2.2. Just saw the cloud icon and so I'm installing now. I was already on 2.1 for a while.

Bad news from a 'reporting back' point of view is we don't have a single iOS device in the house...

·
Registered
Polestar 2 (Thunder/Slate)
1,638 Posts
In the UK and got the email this morning about 2.2. Just saw the cloud icon and so I'm installing now. I was already on 2.1 for a while.

Bad news from a 'reporting back' point of view is we don't have a single iOS device in the house...
Updated it earlier today.

Let us know if the range estimate in the driver's display switches from miles to km - it did on mine (OTA) and on someone else (they got it at a garage recently).

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Shows miles for me (charge cable plugged in but charger not scheduled to run til later). As commented on other thread - I now have the performance app with the G-Force meter.

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
Shows miles for me (charge cable plugged in but charger not scheduled to run til later). As commented on other thread - I now have the performance app with the G-Force meter.
Same with me when parked, but when driving it shows km.

I’m wondering if it affects a subset of cars like the mirror issue mentioned in the release notes, or all.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Apple Carplay definitely there in the apps along with the performance app. Shame I don't have any IOS devices to play with it...

You can't disable it which is interesting. You can disable the new Performance app.

[Edit: I couldn't work out a way to get rid of the Apple CarPlay app without adding it to an "already full" quarter of the apps screen. A tiny bit annoying if you never want to use it]

Electronic instrument Audio equipment Gadget Musical instrument accessory Netbook

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Same with me when parked, but when driving it shows km.

I’m wondering if it affects a subset of cars like the mirror issue mentioned in the release notes, or all.
Cr_p! You are right. Only switched once I was going above about 5 mph but now it is set to KM. That's not ideal.

Noticed some other changes - airbag warning. Also maybe just didn't see it before but final Polestar2 logo on the dash UI when you lock.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Mine has changed to KM. can’t get CarPlay to work on both USB ports. Just a blank screen.
I know next to nothing about iPhones but are there some USB C cables that just charge and others that allow a data connection? Just hoping maybe it is the cable but doesn't sound great. Guessing you tried the usual UI reset.

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
Cr_p! You are right. Only switched once I was going above about 5 mph but now it is set to KM. That's not ideal.

Noticed some other changes - airbag warning. Also maybe just didn't see it before but final Polestar2 logo on the dash UI when you lock.
The airbag warning flashes on me twice and never saw it again on subsequent drives.

Didn’t notice the logo when locking, I’m going out on the drive now :)

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
Yeah reset twice. Both ports and a more or less brand new iPhone cable.
FWIW the CarPlay enabled one is the one on the left with the white line around it.

Might be worth trying a different cable, also make sure iPhone is unlocked the first time you plug it in as it will only ask you to confirm enabling CarPlay when locked after the first time it connects.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Re. miles vs. km's, have you checked the distances setting in Apple Maps on your phone? I may have missed this, but that's what sets the distance units in CarPlay. I have mine set to Km but my current (non P2) cars are both in miles.

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
Re. miles vs. km's, have you checked the distances setting in Apple Maps on your phone? I may have missed this, but that's what sets the distance units in CarPlay. I have mine set to Km but my current (non P2) cars are both in miles.
It’s in miles, but if happened before I even connected the phone to the car via CarPlay.

Hope they fix this bug quickly!

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
It’s in miles, but if happened before I even connected the phone to the car via CarPlay.

Hope they fix this bug quickly!
Agree - I haven't and won't connect any devices to CarPlay and it still showed km for the range once I started driving for a bit.

I think the customer service team (in the UK at least) are going to be a bit busy in the coming days.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
UPDATE

did another information mention reset when car was plugged in and seemed to work. So far so good. Shows mileage now 🤦‍♂️
I think the test is whether it still shows miles for the range when you drive off for a bit. Did you drive or did the car remain stationary?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Mine updated this evening. I was quite excited to test CarPlay and so grabbed a cable to plug in and then realised I had no idea where the port was!!!!

Having owned the car 11 months that's a good thing :)

Anyway discovered the two ports, found out only the left one is data (with a white circle) and plugged in. The interface is not terribly intuitive but I did get maps, iMessage and WhatsApp up and running.

Communication Device Output device Portable communications device Mobile device Flat panel display

Gadget Font Audio equipment Electronic instrument Automotive design

Mobile phone Telephony Telephone Product Communication Device

Mobile phone Product Telephony Mobile device Communication Device

White Product Telephony Mobile device Communication Device

Telephony Mobile phone Telephone Communication Device Gadget

·
Registered
2021 PS2 Launch Ed | Midnight | non-PP | tow hitch | 19” | tinted | ceramic coated
251 Posts

At least you will have one outside the house in a couple of hours! 😝

·
Registered
12 Posts
Mine updated this evening. I was quite excited to test CarPlay and so grabbed a cable to plug in and then realised I had no idea where the port was!!!!

Having owned the car 11 months that's a good thing :)

Anyway discovered the two ports, found out only the left one is data (with a white circle) and plugged in. The interface is not terribly intuitive but I did get maps, iMessage and WhatsApp up and running.

View attachment 14984
View attachment 14985
View attachment 14987
View attachment 14988
View attachment 14989
View attachment 14986

1 - 20 of 80 Posts