Polestar Forum banner
41 - 60 of 80 Posts

·
Registered
239 Posts
First thing to check is that the USB-C cable you're using is fully wired. Some Chinesium ones only have the power connected...!

There's no way you can know this by checking visually, so all you can do is try a different one.
Thanks Steve - will do - I've now lent the adapter to a mate...who may have more time & aptitude to trouble shoot - He'll also have more spare USBC cables than you can wave a stick at so will let him know your thoughts.

·
Registered
2020 LRDM Launch edition, Standard, Thunder with mudflaps
615 Posts
Mine has semi updated.
I got the message to update when I entered the car this morning, ignored it and then went to update at work.
Found it already had the performance app on the screen but no sign of Apple CarPlay and having checked for update it says still on 2.1
Looks like it has done a partial update whilst driving!
Not too bothered about CarPlay as Android phone but not sure what else is missing.
Done a reboot too.
Anybody else had the same?

·
Registered
MY22 Void SRSM Pilot/Plus/Leather
962 Posts
Mine has semi updated.
I got the message to update when I entered the car this morning, ignored it and then went to update at work.
Found it already had the performance app on the screen but no sign of Apple CarPlay and having checked for update it says still on 2.1
Looks like it has done a partial update whilst driving!
Not too bothered about CarPlay as Android phone but not sure what else is missing.
Done a reboot too.
Anybody else had the same?
Performance is just an app

·
Registered
LRDM / Magensium - Pilot & Plus
12 Posts
I've just seen the performance app rolled out in the play store; be a nice show off app for showing people the car. Still no 2.2 update for me here in AU yet.

·
Registered
615 Posts
It is either inaccurate wording or something being missed, but I think the ability for the app to know the performance upgrade is installed is part of 2.2, performance app itself seems to be pushed by polestar with Google Play to the car.
Interesting as I didn't download it, it just appeared.
Thanks for the info.

·
Registered
LRDM Midnight Blue, Pilot & Plus packs
133 Posts
Earlier today mine said there was an update ready, didn't do it then as I needed to use the car, just been out to do it half an hour ago and it states software up to date v2.1.

The performance app is there but thats it I guess until they resolve the Km/Miles issue.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Earlier today mine said there was an update ready, didn't do it then as I needed to use the car, just been out to do it half an hour ago and it states software up to date v2.1.

The performance app is there but thats it I guess until they resolve the Km/Miles issue.
They have paused the update due to the miles/km display issue. This most likely means anyone who was waiting to install no longer has the option.

·
Registered
615 Posts

The performance app is there but that's it I guess until they resolve the Km/Miles issue.
Same as me then.
I wonder if they pulled the update until fixed?

·
Registered
Polestar 2 (Thunder/Slate)
1,596 Posts
My update 2.2 is ready to download, not having done one yet on the P* what do you guys recommend, install it or wait for the next update with the unit patch?
Depends on how good you are at dividing by 1.6 to find out your range, and how much you want a half-baked CarPlay implemenatation.

·
Registered
Polestar 2 (Thunder/Slate)
1,596 Posts
This is interesting. I just picked up my new Polestar yesterday. It has V2.2 with Apple Carplay installed. I drove it home from the space, almost 3 hrs, all my range estimates are in miles not km.
Might affect a subset of the cars (like the mirror issue they highlighted) or just the UK market.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Same as me then.
I wonder if they pulled the update until fixed?
I believe rollout out of 2.2 has been "paused" until these issues are fixed - at least according to some responses to posts in "Polestar EV UK" & "Official Polestar Community" on Facebook.

Certainly mine had downloaded it on the way into work, and the cloud was ready to deploy. Charged this morning, and unplugged to update in the afternoon, and the update has vanished.

·
Registered
372 Posts
Good to hear, we probably don't need to bombard them then. I wonder if it will require another full (90 mins locked car) OTA, guessing so.

As someone involved in software it is interesting to see this. It is a classic situation where a feature gets promised in a certain timeframe (CarPlay by end of Spring) and as a result the QA (testing) phase gets squeezed. In this case seems likely that in UK / US they did a quick check of 2.2 whilst stationary / crawling and it got the thumbs up. I can't see how you'd be driving around for a bit and not spot this.

Also interesting (to me at least) that a different bit of code executes once you go above a certain speed which changes miles to km.

I think the Range Assistant app still shows miles so at least there is that as a workaround (need to double check).
More like it’s just shoddy testing. The fact it’s just such an obvious problem suggest that they did not have any test cases that covered testing whist in imperial settings.

·
Registered
372 Posts
Let me know how you get on with the dongle - I could not get mine to work but have not tried much/any real trouble shooting - just get a message saying USB cable not connected correctly or similar.

I have the smaller one here - https://www.amazon.co.uk/CarlinKit-...lja1JlZGlyZWN0JmRvTm90TG9nQ2xpY2s9dHJ1ZQ&th=1
My dongle did not work either. It recognises it as an airplay device but then tells me to check the USB cable. I’ve put it back into the fiesta so my son is pleased at least. Drove the car this AM using carplay apple maps at and it was nice and stable and responsive. Actually got a text notification and it worked as expected.

·
Registered
LRDM Midnight Blue, Pilot & Plus packs
133 Posts
Depends on how good you are at dividing by 1.6 to find out your range, and how much you want a half-baked CarPlay implemenatation.
I can convert from Km to miles and vice versa no problem, no interest in Carplay at all, but they have paused the update anyway now, so no choice but to wait until they release it again.

·
Registered
16 Posts
KM is annoying. i changed the units to US and it works......for about 5 seconds then reverts to KM.

I have to say its a minor bug. i am still in the dream that the ability to improve your car whilst parked up and installed by the driver is a great use of technology. (sorry if im being too positive!)

Barry
Mine updated last night and I'm also getting range in km. Minor irritation...

41 - 60 of 80 Posts