Polestar Forum banner
61 - 80 of 80 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Had the update (cloud icon) this morning, not the best time to update while going to work so was going update tonight but now the update is gone and system says all is up to date with 2.1. I have received the "performance" app but still on 2.1. I don't really care along as the car work properly and it does but it is kind of strange!

·
Registered
Dual motor - Plus & Pilot
170 Posts
Had the update (cloud icon) this morning, not the best time to update while going to work so was going update tonight but now the update is gone and system says all is up to date with 2.1. I have received the "performance" app but still on 2.1. I don't really care along as the car work properly and it does but it is kind of strange!

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
Mine has semi updated.
I got the message to update when I entered the car this morning, ignored it and then went to update at work.
Found it already had the performance app on the screen but no sign of Apple CarPlay and having checked for update it says still on 2.1
Looks like it has done a partial update whilst driving!
Not too bothered about CarPlay as Android phone but not sure what else is missing.
Done a reboot too.
Anybody else had the same?
I think others have answered, but I'm definitely still on 2.1 and I now have the Performance app. As we don't have the perf upgrade yet available here, I can only see the G-meter, but it's there and functional on 2.1. So the appearance of the app is independent of the actual 2.2 upgrade.

·
Registered
170 Posts
This has happened to me too, cloud icon this morning, went to update tonight and it's gone. I'm still showing 2.1. I too have the performance app, at least the g force meter? 🤔

·
Registered
'22 Void I Performance I Plus I Leather
138 Posts
Interesting as I didn't download it, it just appeared.
Thanks for the info.
Same for me today...it just appeared, although it only functions as a 360 degree G meter at this time. Wish it included a 0-60 mph drag timer...then I could ditch my Racebox, LOL! :ROFLMAO:

·
Registered
Polestar 2 Void Charcoal Non PP
233 Posts
I have the range in km but also the odometer is now in km, anyone else have this too?
Yes: mine too !
As I have to record my mileage several times daily, in order to “charge back” my business mileage to to my company, it’s a real pain !
Unless they come up with a patch quickly, I’m going to be spending an hour or so at month’s end, converting the distances covered back from kms to miles 🙄
Font Gadget Technology Screenshot Display device

Attachments

·
Registered
14 Posts
Yes: mine too !
As I have to record my mileage several times daily, in order to “charge back” my business mileage to to my company, it’s a real pain !
Unless they come up with a patch quickly, I’m going to be spending an hour or so at month’s end, converting the distances covered back from kms to miles 🙄 View attachment 15031
Could you try using the Journey Log app to do this? I haven’t checked since 2.2 to see if this is also now recording distances in km, but I assume not!

·
Registered
Polestar 2 (Thunder/Slate)
1,598 Posts
Could you try using the Journey Log app to do this? I haven’t checked since 2.2 to see if this is also now recording distances in km, but I assume not!
I recall this app had it's own km/miles setting when I tested it a while ago, but unfortunately it cannot be relied on, it misses many trips, and some times it crashes and it's days until I realise it's not running and I have to run it again to start over.

Not fit for purpose unfortunately.

·
Registered
Thunder LRSM Pilot/Plus - CBR
173 Posts
I recall this app had it's own km/miles setting when I tested it a while ago, but unfortunately it cannot be relied on, it misses many trips, and some times it crashes and it's days until I realise it's not running and I have to run it again to start over.

Not fit for purpose unfortunately.
Works fine for me. Love the app.

·
Registered
Polestar 2 (Thunder/Slate)
1,598 Posts
Works fine for me. Love the app.
Are you sure? I suggest you double check. Last time this was discussed answers ranged from works fine to misses half the miles. Mine misses a few trips, the most annoying thing is when it just stops working without me realising it (usually after the app updates automatically in the background). Might be days until I realise it and start it!

·
Registered
2021 Moon with Charcoal Interior on 19’s
51 Posts
I hope they use part of the proceeds from going public to hiring more software developers/testers. They really need to go through a basic checklist (owners manual?) after each software update to make sure everything works.

·
Registered
Polestar 2 Void Charcoal Non PP
233 Posts
I have the range in km but also the odometer is now in km, anyone else have this too?
The issue is that when you unlock your car, and start it, the trip display is in miles; then you drive it, and the trip reverts to kms; as shown in my photos.

·
Registered
Thunder LRSM Pilot/Plus - CBR
173 Posts
Are you sure? I suggest you double check. Last time this was discussed answers ranged from works fine to misses half the miles. Mine misses a few trips, the most annoying thing is when it just stops working without me realising it (usually after the app updates automatically in the background). Might be days until I realise it and start it!
Er. Yes I am. I export them regularly. The only trips I am missing are the two occasions the GPS didn't work (fixed by demister reset).

·
Registered
14 Posts
The issue is that when you unlock your car, and start it, the trip display is in miles; then you drive it, and the trip reverts to kms; as shown in my photos.
Yes I fully understand the issue as I have it too. My post was in response to the member who needed to record mileage for work purposes and I was trying to offer a possible alternative to manually converting kilometres to miles.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Same here. Go into settings and set to imperial or US for miles, but after 10secs it changes to km. Speed remains at mph, but battery life changes to km. I'm not ready for metrics when driving in UK....send a patch out quickly polestar

61 - 80 of 80 Posts