Polestar Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I cannot lock my car. Neither set of keys work. I’ve managed to lock the pasenger door using the single key and pushing it into the door handle as set out in the manual. It does only lock that door and locking the driver door is difficult. Sometimes it works as there is a hole for the key there as well but even when it does work, I cannot lock the boot. I took it to a dealer hoping for a quick fix and it appears it will need two days work to try and find out the problem. Has anyone else experienced this

·
Registered
Polestar 2 (Thunder/Slate)
1,434 Posts
Every single time I had this problem it was due to a door that wasn’t closed properly.

Annoyingly the car gives no audible feedback like my previous ones when this happens so I keep pressing the button or touching the handle expecting something to happen until it dawns on me.

I assume you already checked, but if not try opening and closing again the doors and boot.

·
Registered
P2 Moon Jan 2021
100 Posts
Hi had it today was not able to lock the car when at the lake, i had the activity key on me, was able to open boot and lock via the shut and lock button, all ok when home. Strange

·
Registered
Void, Charcoal
603 Posts
I had two instances where the car wouldn't lock. One time one of the doors turned out to be not properly shut. The other time my key wound up in the same pocket as my phone and was right next to it. I assume that the phone caused some interference or shielding of the signal. When I transferred the key out of that pocket the car then locked fine.

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
The only time my car wouldn't lock was when I got out to head to an appointment and I touched the handle...nothing! I fiddled around for a moment then decided to just lock it with the fob. That's when I realized I had left them in the cubby next to the phone shelf. Great thing - I wasn't able to lock myself out and have to be dependent on the app. o_O

Reactions: polerad
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.