Polestar Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So not being a big fan of the free mats I decided to try these mats.

I picked the top of the range Executive in Grey with Grey trim and no heel pad. I was hoping the grey would match the slate seat, but alas they are slightly different.

The coat was £59.99 with shipping included.

First impressions are they definitely are thick carpet, and the feel nice to the touch.

Not sure about longevity, but I will keep posting updates.

Some pictures:-

·
Registered
Oct '20 / VIN47xx. Void, Slate, 20"
554 Posts
They look nice and plush but are definitely beige ;)

·
Registered
2,217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
They look nice and plush but are definitely beige ;)
Well in the middle photo next to the old black mats they look grey. In the house they looked grey. Next to the slate they look muddy grey 😂

Reactions: ricisbest

·
Registered
P2 2021, Void, Charcoal, no PP, 19 inch
160 Posts
For the Dutch market i found this site with very nice carmats:

·
Registered
2,217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Update time.

So carmats.co.uk saw this post and contacted me asking if I would like a sample of the Black and Charcoal colours to review, no obligations except I'd just update this post. So the following is my own thoughts on the product.

Finally after a week of poor light, heavy rain or snow I managed to get out today and put them in the car.

Photos below and conclusion at the bottom.

My Grey Mats:

The Charcoal Mat:

The Black Mat:

Left to right:-
Black - Original - Charcoal

All 4 (grey on right)

From the photos and the direct sunlight into the inside of the car, the Black and Charcoal look almost the same, but once you block direct sunlight the Black definitely is an almost perfect match to the existing carpet, but if you went for Charcoal I don't think you'd be able to tell... Plus once a bit dusty they probably wouldn't look as dirty - as grey dust shows up a lot more on dark black compared to almost black.

In addition I took my grey drivers mat out, gave it a hover and it still looked like new after 3 months of driving around 1000 miles.

During winter the soaked up the moisture well, always felt soft, and never wet... So obviously dried out well too.

I was sent a full set of each but only used the rear ones as its really cold today and it was easier for me to carry the smaller ones outside.

However if anyone wants full front photos too of the Black or Charcoal I'm happy to do then later this week when it's dry and warmer outside. Sorry this Southern fairy is not used to -3 deg C!

Overall for £59.99 I think they are good value and a major upgrade over the default ones.

·
Registered
P2 2021, Void, Charcoal, no PP, 19 inch
160 Posts
In this sunlight i like the black one most. 😊

·
Registered
2,217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Cleaned the car the weekend, with a good hover the Black mats I've been testing this last two weeks were coved in mud and dirt, came up a treat and looked new again.

So a thumbs up for me so far. I'll probably do an update mid-June for a 6 month review and report, but so far cost vs quality seems very good value for money*.

*Note my recently millage is very low, so just being clear ... but where I've been has been muddy! (mostly local parks for cycling or walking).

·
Registered
240 Posts
I've had a few sets from carmats.co.uk over the years when I've not been able to wangle a set out of my dealer, and have been very happy with them. When I got a set for my very early Evoque, the mounting holes didn't match up properly (Land Rover had made a change since the first production run) - carmats.co.uk asked me for the new measurements from my car, updated their design and got a new set out to me within a matter of a couple of days.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts