Polestar Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I heard a risk of the backdoor automatically lifting in the carwash, can the bottomsensor be disabled from sensing movement to prevent this risk?

·
Super Moderator
1,397 Posts
Just leave the key in the car or take it 2(?)m away.

Kicking the trunk open only works when you are standing directly behind the car with the key.

·
Registered
2,234 Posts
The Polestar 2 isn't the first car where this might happen.

However I understand some people don't have time to wash their own car ... but please don't use an automatic car washer ... you may as well say good bye to your paint!

I'm sure there must be a way to stop the boot opening but no idea what that would be though.

·
Registered
Polestar 2 (Thunder/Slate)
873 Posts
The Polestar 2 isn't the first car where this might happen.

However I understand some people don't have time to wash their own car ... but please don't use an automatic car washer ... you may as well say good bye to your paint!

I'm sure there must be a way to stop the boot opening but no idea what that would be though.
Yeah there is away and it’s very easy - keep the key more than ~2m away from the trunk and that sensor is disabled. In general when washing it I don’t keep the key on me as it tends to lock it and unlock it constantly anyway.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yeah there is away and it’s very easy - keep the key more than ~2m away from the trunk and that sensor is disabled. In general when washing it I don’t keep the key on me as it tends to lock it and unlock it constantly anyway.
right, so it seems best to leave the keys in the car while waiting outside or stay in the car with the keys.

·
Registered
873 Posts
right, so it seems best to leave the keys in the car while waiting outside or stay in the car with the keys.
Yep, just leave them in the trunk. If you try to use the foot wave to open it it’ll just beep at you. You can then open it normally with the button to retrieve them.

·
Registered
128 Posts
I was using a self-serve car wash yesterday. I was wondering why the lights were going off repeatedly, then I realized when I was washing the door handles the power sprayer was triggering the door locks.

·
Registered
128 Posts
That would be great. As you will need to set your wipers on the service position in order to pull it in the outward position when washing your windshield.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Been going through quite many automatic car washes. Been through models that the car moves and some models that the car doesn't move... Never encountered this issue. I tried when car is ON and parking, the kick-opening function doesn't activate

·
Registered
850 Posts
The kick opening only works if they key is in range of the rear sensor.

Go try it. Even with the car unlocked and the key on your person, send someone else to try open the boot with the kick action - it won't open.
Yes, my wife went through this with me yesterday. She would try to kick and it wouldn't work. I would walk over (key in my pocket) and kick and...magic! Worked just fine. I would walk away and she would try again and nothing. I finally explained it to her and why she needs to keep a key with her also. It was fun until she got mad. 😝

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Been going through quite many automatic car washes. Been through models that the car moves and some models that the car doesn't move... Never encountered this issue. I tried when car is ON and parking, the kick-opening function doesn't activate
You’re right about the working principle but you should still be careful i think standing in range when the brushes or waterspray gets down or under the rear end of the car and activates the sensor.

·
Registered
48 Posts
You’re right about the working principle but you should still be careful i think standing in range when the brushes or waterspray gets down or under the rear end of the car and activates the sensor.
Did an auto washing during the weekend and paid more attention to see how it works. I don't think the auto washer near my home goes through the bottom of the car:ROFLMAO:. But I do had a few accidental activation when the charging cable went under the car. :censored:

·
Registered
416 Posts
Doesn't it automatically lock after some time when the key is in the car? It would be quite embarrassing to be locked out of the car at a car wash!

·
Registered
873 Posts
Doesn't it automatically lock after some time when the key is in the car? It would be quite embarrassing to be locked out of the car at a car wash!
When the car reaches a certain speed, yes, but at that point you have bigger problems I guess!

·
Registered
4,287 Posts
Here in the winter that would mean not washing your car for 3-4 months.

·
Registered
4,287 Posts
So what is the best way to send your car into a wash? It's not going to stay on once you get out. You can put it in neutral and leave the keys in the car. Will that work?

1 - 20 of 29 Posts