Polestar Forum banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
1,822 Posts
Most of us actually pronounce Magnesium the same way you do. And some of us actually pronounce Iraq and Iran properly (Ee-rok, Ee-ron, slight emphasis on the 2nd syllable), but here where I live I'm in a very limited minority. 😉
Or as Stevie Wonder would say: I Rock, I Ran.

·
Registered
2021 2
1,331 Posts
Typically the Americans took our language and measures to the US and kept them the same. It seems we changed.
The biggest threat to our democracy would be to not use the units of weights & measures of the country we declared independence from and had 2 out and out wars with to establish that independence.

or something.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
The biggest threat to our democracy would be to not use the units of weights & measures of the country we declared independence from and had 2 out and out wars with to establish that independence.

or something.
I think the US did a great job in owning the weights and measures. A pint (and gallon) in the US is smaller than UK. Wasn't amused the first time I got a beer in the US I wondered where the rest of it was.

As Steve mentioned its the Brits that purged Zs from our language. Can't accept the spelling fuze though. That's just too far.

Anyway good to know the highly trusted BBC was talking bollocks again. Trip to find cattle grids post lockdown cancelled.

·
Registered
1,822 Posts
Back on topic...
There is a roadway bridge near me that has a fairly high transition from the roadway itself. In my last two cars I always got an alert as I passed it. The alert would abate as I got close enough that the car wouldn't "see" it. I never had it hit the brakes. I haven't driven over there since the pandemic because I don't go into the office during rush hour.

·
Registered
Polestar 2
14 Posts
I cross cattle grids up to 6 times on my daily commute. Absolutely no issues.

21 - 27 of 27 Posts