Polestar Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I received my chargeport cover from Polestar today. It's a pretty simple product, but seems to be made reasonably well. We'll see how much it really helps out, especially when trying to do things with cold, or gloved, fingers.

Rectangle Font Envelope Handwriting Material property

Font Wood Motor vehicle Tire Vehicle

·
Registered
California
706 Posts
That looks like it’s shaped for CCS2 (Euro spec). Does it still fit our J1772?

I’m guessing J1772 is a little smaller so it sort of works even if it doesn’t line up nicely.

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
That looks like it’s shaped for CCS2 (Euro spec). Does it still fit our J1772?

I’m guessing J1772 is a little smaller so it sort of works even if it doesn’t line up nicely.
Yeah, it might not be a tight fit, but it will still help some.

·
Registered
302 Posts
How did you get it?

Reactions: stefh

·
Registered
25 Posts
I really don't see the need for it. There were some made and sold by drivers last winter, however I never saw the use. My chargeport was often snowed in over night while charging, but I just removed the cable as usual, flicked some of the built up snow away and closed the lid. Never had a problem.

·
Registered
194 Posts
I park near a big bush and mine is full of bits of leaf and twigs - they're a real pain to get out of all the little cracks so this cover would be really good for me - how did you get it?

·
Registered
5,008 Posts
I really don't see the need for it. There were some made and sold by drivers last winter, however I never saw the use. My chargeport was often snowed in over night while charging, but I just removed the cable as usual, flicked some of the built up snow away and closed the lid. Never had a problem.
It sure looks like a solution looking for a problem...

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
It sure looks like a solution looking for a problem...
If you're never charging outdoors, or don't see much snow, then yeah probably not of much use.

But for us, we'd be charging outside, overnight, up in the mountains where we could see feet of snow fall at night. If this helps to keep that snow from completely packing into the chargeport, then it's a reasonable solution to me.

·
Registered
25 Posts
If you're never charging outdoors, or don't see much snow, then yeah probably not of much use.

But for us, we'd be charging outside, overnight, up in the mountains where we could see feet of snow fall at night. If this helps to keep that snow from completely packing into the chargeport, then it's a reasonable solution to me.
Sounds like you just described myself. However, even with a snowstorm right into the side of the car, I've never had any problem removing the cable and closing the port after charging overnight, and I live in winter wonderland 😅
But YMMV, I will concede.

·
Registered
5,008 Posts
I never got much snow in my car when it was like this outside. How is the charge port any different? You would just use your glove to push the snow away. Of course with global warming who's going to see snow again? 🤣😰

·
Registered
33 Posts
This is actually quite simple and useful for those that park outside and see snow regularly in the winter. I had one made for my previous Honda Clarity and seems to somewhat fit for the PS2, just exposes the release button. On nights we get blowing snow, it packs in the chargeport, and you can't dig in there with your gloved hands. If powder, leaf blower is good there, but more often than not it's heavy with moisture and can turn to ice, making it difficult to close the cover.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts