Polestar Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
5,008 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Polestar is teaming up with a moped brand in a way that will allow charging the moped from the car battery. Hopefully this will precipitate an ability to plug anything into the P2 and draw power.

·
Super Moderator
Polestar 2, Midnight (blue), charcoal interior, non-PP
3,059 Posts
I think it just comes from the standard 12V feed for the towbar, nothing exciting.

·
Registered
5,008 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I think it just comes from the standard 12V feed for the towbar, nothing exciting.
That wouldn't be bad. I'd love to be able to plug something into an outlet that comes off of that feed.

For that matter I don't know why every EV doesn't just have a 110 outlet available somewhere in it. Heck I've had ICE cars with 110 outlets.

·
Super Moderator
3,059 Posts
An increasing number do, such as the Honda E, and I think the Ioniq 5 and Kia EV6 as well as the upcoming Tonka trucks in the US such as the F150 etc.

·
Registered
5,008 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
An increasing number do, such as the Honda E, and I think the Ioniq 5 and Kia EV6 as well as the upcoming Tonka trucks in the US such as the F150 etc.
I know the Lightning has been advertising this capability. Hopefully the functionality will become available across the board, at least as an option.

·
Registered
930 Posts
The Ioniq P45 has 240v from the charge port 'Vehicle to Load' and also has a 240v UK 3 pin socket in the rear of the passenger cabin. I think it delivers up to 3.6kW in the UK.
Fresh coffee on the move, or microwave dinners even. More of a gimmick at this stage though. WE are sometimes hit by power cuts at home, so it may be useful for us though.

I think the new Kia has a similar system.

·
Super Moderator
3,059 Posts
We could do around 10 days at our usual summer usage of electricity!

·
Registered
996 Posts
Ouch - just did the math and it would keep my house going for about 17 hours based on my annual consumption. 😣

·
Registered
996 Posts
Well, I was assuming I wouldn't run the AC.
Aha. Well, I have 14 tons across 5 units and they're only SEER 13 builder-grade. And my family seems to like to override my programmed summer temp settings. Downward of course!

·
Super Moderator
3,059 Posts
Our house idles at 95-120W and we use 6-10kWh per day, depending on how much we use the ovens. Even when I charged the Ampera overnight, we never used more than about 11kWh per day...

·
Registered
5,008 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
14 tons across 5 units
Yikes! That is a lot. Of course where you live that's probably a moderately priced house. A house here needing 5 units would be at least several million dollars.

·
Registered
2,850 Posts
Yikes! That is a lot. Of course where you live that's probably a moderately priced house. A house here needing 5 units would be at least several million dollars.
/Cries in Californian/

·
Registered
996 Posts
About 7500 sq ft climate controlled. I didn't count the mini-split in the pool house and the small aircon in my server room as part of the units, so really 7 units in all. But the mini-split is amazingly efficient and the server room unit is only about 5000 BTUs, so they don't draw much. The rack servers probably pull more. In Southern California this place would probably be 8 figures, but here it's 6. You guys should move here and save some money...and my car wouldn't be so lonely. 😄

·
Registered
5,008 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
About 7500 sq ft climate controlled. I didn't count the mini-split in the pool house and the small aircon in my server room as part of the units, so really 7 units in all. But the mini-split is amazingly efficient and the server room unit is only about 5000 BTUs, so they don't draw much. The rack servers probably pull more. In Southern California this place would probably be 8 figures, but here it's 6. You guys should move here and save some money...and my car wouldn't be so lonely. 😄
7500 ft>2 is a lot. Heck, I could retire in great comfort there right now! Then again, I'd have to put up with the state's governor :rolleyes:. Of course the flip side to that is adding another vote on the other side of the ledger 😆

·
Registered
996 Posts
Fortunately our governor's "opt out" exec order got slapped down by the courts. And another voter that researches the candidates and votes intelligently would be very welcome here! At least by me. :) And retirement is only a few years away if all goes well.

·
Registered
MY2021, P*2, nonPP
10 Posts
That wouldn't be bad. I'd love to be able to plug something into an outlet that comes off of that feed.

For that matter I don't know why every EV doesn't just have a 110 outlet available somewhere in it. Heck I've had ICE cars with 110 outlets.
because a 110 outlet would be useless on the other side of the pond 😂
Give me a 220 outlet 👍

The New Ev6 and Ioniq5 can charge up till 3,7kW out of the charging plug with an adapter (due to the built in converter.
Great for camping or power outages

1 - 20 of 22 Posts