Polestar Forum banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am unable to alter the amperage setting on my "Charging" screen. Set at 6amps which means charging takes a lifetime. There is no response from the up/down arrows. Any ideas

·
Premium Member
1,037 Posts
Try a reset? Something about holding down the Home button for a while. I don't yet have a car, so I'm not sure.

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
Try when charging and when not even plugged in. I can't remember but I think you can only do it one way or the other.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for your suggestions but no luck so far. I'll continue to fiddle about with it but any other suggestions will be gratefully received. If I have any luck I'll be sure to post the answer.

·
Registered
Stickerless Thunder on 19's
660 Posts
Thanks for your suggestions but no luck so far. I'll continue to fiddle about with it but any other suggestions will be gratefully received. If I have any luck I'll be sure to post the answer.
Could you put a pic of your charging screen?

·
Registered
86 Posts
I had the same problem, I was only able to make the buttons live to adjust when the charging cable was plugged in.

·
Registered
86 Posts
That’s the same charger as mine, I had no problems plugging in with it on my Golf for the past 2 years but since I have got the Polestar 2 weeks ago it never seems to connect straight away. I have to jiggle it about a bit (Granville) and make sure the cable isn’t taut and then it charges.

I had the same problem as you but it wouldn’t even charge until I played around for a bit plugging in and unplugging until it seemed to connect and then I was able to adjust to max 32A.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks to everyone. Unfortunately non of your suggestions have worked despite much jiggling!! But I have a cunning plan. I have managed to get my name down for a Polestar 2 test drive event locally tomorrow so will present them with the car and demand a fix. Fingers crossed and thanks again.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I have the same issue with a car delivered today. Roadside assistance have said that the issue is because the battery is over 90% charge and it is trickling. I will know more later when it depletes a bit. Did you solve yours?

·
Registered
293 Posts
Try rebooting the infotainment system (press + hold the home button for 30 seconds) - this has solved the problem for others.

The advice you were given above is just nonsense!

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Just returned from Polestar test drive in Newcastle. I asked thePolestar people about my charging issue and they said they had heard about in relation to one or two other Polestar 2s but had no answers. While I was there I took the opportunity to use one of the fast chargers that were available. Amperage rate displayed in the car remained at 16A but the fast charger showed it was charging at 100/110 miles range per hour of charge and increased the car's charge level from 68% to 92% in a little under an hour. As it was obviously not trickle charging there seems to be a issue with the car's display. The Polestar folk are reporting it to their support team and they will be getting in touch with me. I will post their answer as soon as I have it.
As for resetting infotainment system I haven't had a chance to try it but will report in due course.
Thanks for everyone's interest and ideas - much appreciated.

·
Super Moderator
669 Posts
The current limit only applies to a.c. charging, not d.c. rapid charging as you were doing.

Reboot the infotainment system and the problem will most likely go away - it's worked for at least one other person on here.

Reactions: krheinwald

·
Registered
10 Posts
The reboot did not work for me. I’ve contacted Polestar support, been passed around the houses and never get a call back. Not a great first impression.

whatever charger I plug into it only charges at 1-3 mi/hr.

·
Registered
293 Posts
Have you tried adjusting it without a cable connected at all? Here's what I'd do:-

1) disconnect cable if it's already connected
2) lock the car, walk away, wait ten minutes
3) go back to car, sit in drivers seat, and see if you can adjust it. If you can, turn it all the way up to 32A
4) plug the cable in and lock the car

·
Registered
10 Posts
Tried everything mate. Just off the phone to Polestar. It’s being recovered tomorrow morning to the dealer.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts