Polestar Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

Just wondering if anyone has installed child seats into the back of a Polestar 2 yet and if so how they got on. I have 3 young children and 2 of them are still in child seats. Does anyone know the back seat width. Thanks

·
Registered
97 Posts
Yes. I have a rotating rear facing child seat (Cybex) for my youngest and it fitted fine. Seemed to have as much space as the SUV I took it out of, albeit predictably lower, but not awkwardly so. As it overhangs the seat, I’m restricted by how far I can put the front seat back, but fortunately I can find a comfortable position before it comes in to contact. Again, this was exactly the same in my previous SUV and even in the Model S... so you might want to install behind the passenger seat if you’re especially tall.

ISO points are very easy to access and covered by a removable plastic cap which you’ll need to store somewhere safe... aesthetically I prefer them hidden under the seat cushion but this does make for very easy installation at least.

Can’t tell you the width mind... must be some schematics somewhere for that (or remind me again and I’ll measure it at some point!).

·
Registered
621 Posts
Below are the dimensions from the Polestar press fact sheet and a pic I took of our rear-facing seat centered on the rear bench. I confirmed for myself that with the rear facing seat on the center I could fit myself on either side snugly but comfortably. I'm confident I could fit 1x forward seat on either side and 1x rear facing in the center, maybe using the seatbelts for fixation and not LATCH/ISOFIX. I'm fairly confident you could fit 3x forward facing seats too, esp if using a Clek or Diono seat.
So I think your config of 2x car seats with one small adult or large child on the side should work.

The P*2 is sized similar to the XC40 and it fits three across in a variety of configs as indicated here:

Of course, please check for yourself. At least the SF PopUp is OK with a crazy person doing all sort of unnatural things to their P*2 on display.

Edit: also note that the P*2's design there's a pretty wide space for shoulder area to the side of the rear bench. With the car seat in the middle I found I could use that for my shoulder width to fit comfortably - so the effective space is wider than what this dimension shows.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yes. I have a rotating rear facing child seat (Cybex) for my youngest and it fitted fine. Seemed to have as much space as the SUV I took it out of, albeit predictably lower, but not awkwardly so. As it overhangs the seat, I’m restricted by how far I can put the front seat back, but fortunately I can find a comfortable position before it comes in to contact. Again, this was exactly the same in my previous SUV and even in the Model S... so you might want to install behind the passenger seat if you’re especially tall.

ISO points are very easy to access and covered by a removable plastic cap which you’ll need to store somewhere safe... aesthetically I prefer them hidden under the seat cushion but this does make for very easy installation at least.

Can’t tell you the width mind... must be some schematics somewhere for that (or remind me again and I’ll measure it at some point!).

That's great, thanks for the information. I am moving from a Mazda CX5 so similar with regards the SUV. I think for the 10% of time I have the whole family in the car it could just work.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Below are the dimensions from the Polestar press fact sheet and a pic I took of our rear-facing seat centered on the rear bench. I confirmed for myself that with the rear facing seat on the center I could fit myself on either side snugly but comfortably. I'm confident I could fit 1x forward seat on either side and 1x rear facing in the center, maybe using the seatbelts for fixation and not LATCH/ISOFIX. I'm fairly confident you could fit 3x forward facing seats too, esp if using a Clek or Diono seat.
So I think your config of 2x car seats with one small adult or large child on the side should work.

The P*2 is sized similar to the XC40 and it fits three across in a variety of configs as indicated here:

Of course, please check for yourself. At least the SF PopUp is OK with a crazy person doing all sort of unnatural things to their P*2 on display.

Edit: also note that the P*2's design there's a pretty wide space for shoulder area to the side of the rear bench. With the car seat in the middle I found I could use that for my shoulder width to fit comfortably - so the effective space is wider than what this dimension shows.
View attachment 1092 View attachment 1093
Thanks very much for the information. From what you and others have said it is sounding more suitable then the professional reviews suggest. Thanks again

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
That's amazing, thank you for taking the time to photograph for me. Are both these seats isofixed in?

now just to find somewhere I can test drive one local to myself.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Glad to be helpful. They aren't isofixed because I am cheap and didn't get seats that lock in. The isofix points are just behind the seats though so the seats would be in the same location.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
That's great thanks again. Just trying to figure out if my 7 year old can fit in the middle which I thinking looking at he would be able to. Think the seats I have are also not as wide at those so should be fine. Do you find the boot space to be more that big enough also?

·
Registered
372 Posts
So I sat in the middle today (before reading your post) and I was surprised that I could easily sit between the 2 seats with the doors closed. I was genuinely impressed.
The awkward bit was realising I child locked the doors...
I locked myself in the car today when sitting in the back checking legroom/admiring the view out the roof. Had to call the office to be let out 🤭
I've looked at the manual & still can't figure out the child locks. I didn't even realise there was a key thingy in the middle of the fob doodah.

·
Registered
59 Posts
I checked the manual and it is purely the button on the driver door to lock the door. I could have reached across to the front and turned it off but it that was hassle.

·
Premium Member
694 Posts
I checked the manual and it is purely the button on the driver door to lock the door. I could have reached across to the front and turned it off but it that was hassle.
So, since you didn't, I guess you're adding comments on this forum from the back seat using your smartphone, still locked in?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts