Polestar Forum banner
41 - 58 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
963 Posts
Discussion Starter · #44 ·
Another question, or two. If my charging schedule is 8:30pm to 6am but the car is finished charging way before 6am will the car preheat the battery if needed for my 6am departure? Second, let’s say my schedule is as I described above but it snowed overnight and I decided not to go to work. Then a few hours later I need to get to the store and it’s stupid cold out. I’m charged to 90%, the car is still plugged in, is there a way to preheat the battery at this point?

·
Registered
1,531 Posts
If my charging schedule is 8:30pm to 6am but the car is finished charging way before 6am will the car preheat the battery if needed for my 6am departure?
If you have a climate timer set for 6am, then yes.

Second, let’s say my schedule is as I described above but it snowed overnight and I decided not to go to work. Then a few hours later I need to get to the store and it’s stupid cold out. I’m charged to 90%, the car is still plugged in, is there a way to preheat the battery at this point?
Yes, add a new climate timer for the desired departure time.

·
Administrator
2,702 Posts
On seat and steering wheel heating not turning when preconditioning any more, CS told me the issue is known :rolleyes: and will be fixed with 'the next OTA' which they confirmed to mean 2.5.

·
Registered
3,102 Posts
On seat and steering wheel heating not turning when preconditioning any more, CS told me the issue is known :rolleyes: and will be fixed with 'the next OTA' which they confirmed to mean 2.5.
Might not effect everyone as heating on seats and steering wheel turned on on Tuesday, I got it set again for tomorrow and will update if it comes on again.

·
Registered
285 Posts
2. The primary way to pre-heat the battery is to set a timer when the car is plugged into an active charger/EVSE. Meaning not a charger that is itself on a schedule and unable to deliver power. With this setup, if the timer is set and the battery is below a certain temperature threshold (where you'd see the snowflake icon), it will prioritize heating the battery, and the cabin will be warmed more slowly.
I am a new owner and I have never used the timer for charging, and my phone app hasn’t worked for the past couple weeks.

So let’s say it’s 9 AM right now and I would like to leave the house at 9:45 AM, with as warm a battery as possible. I would get in the car, set the charging timer for 9:15 AM, then plug in the car charger, then go about my business until 9:45AM? If I plugged the charger into the car before I set the timer, it would start charging immediately, so set the timer first and then plug the car in?

ETA: I had myself confused with the charging timer VS the pre-conditioning timer.

41 - 58 of 58 Posts