Polestar Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
Snow, Charcoal, non-PP
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, we have our Snow for almost a month now and it kind of needs a good cleaning. Does someone has any advice on how to best clean the interior speacially the cockpit part. I have the Charcoal Weavetec interior and don't want to just use some products that would give stains.

I was going trough the manual, but it mainly points you out to the costumer service. I would like to hear some experiences from who have cleaned their car already.

·
Registered
2,217 Posts
Baby wet wipes .... one's with just water.

·
Registered
2021 2
2,568 Posts
Baby wet wipes .... one's with just water.
if you can find ones with saline I recommend those especially if you have any, um, bio waste.

a nurses’ trick is to use saline and/or peroxide to clean up blood spills. Plain water could osmotically pop the red blood cells, allowing the heme/hemoglobin pigment to stain cloth. Saline is more isotonic, helping keep the cells intact and the ionic strength helps solubilize the dirty bits. Peroxide helps to oxidize the pigments so they’re not as visible. Im not sure if the peroxide would affect the dye of the fabric so I’d be wary there. But the saline should help.

·
Super Moderator
Polestar 2, Midnight (blue), charcoal interior, non-PP
2,867 Posts
Peroxide is a bleach so I'd definitely not let any of that anywhere near anything that you don't want to turn white!

·
Registered
532 Posts
if you can find ones with saline I recommend those especially if you have any, um, bio waste.

a nurses’ trick is to use saline and/or peroxide to clean up blood spills. Plain water could osmotically pop the red blood cells, allowing the heme/hemoglobin pigment to stain cloth. Saline is more isotonic, helping keep the cells intact and the ionic strength helps solubilize the dirty bits. Peroxide helps to oxidize the pigments so they’re not as visible. Im not sure if the peroxide would affect the dye of the fabric so I’d be wary there. But the saline should help.
Are you in fact Winston Wolfe from Pulp Fiction per chance?

·
Registered
770 Posts
OK, so my OCD is kicking in hard with the fingerprints on the center console, especially in the sun. Using a dry microfiber cloth doesn't really do a great job if the screen is really dirty, at least not without a lot of rubbing. I'd love to use some eyeglass-cleaning packets since they would be easy to store in the car. But most of these have alcohol (albeit a relatively low concentration). The manual specifically says not to use alcohol on the center console or on the IP glass. How different do you think the center console glass is from an iPhone or iPad? Apple specifically permits the use of up to 70% alcohol on their screens, which is 2x what is in many eyeglass wipes.

Curious to hear thoughts on using alcohol, and also to hear other suggestions. There is a suggestion above to use baby wet wipes, but those are much larger than needed (but perhaps still a good suggestion).

What are other people doing?

P.S. My OCD is also kicking in on fingerprints on the piano black buttons on the steering wheel. But that's another discussion for another day.

·
Registered
2021 2
2,568 Posts

·
Registered
770 Posts

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
+1 on Invisible Glass.

Polestar USA use Luminous Worldwide to clean their fleet of demo cars. I've been using it and it works pretty well for light cleaning. Just spritz a little on a dry microfiber and wipe. I haven't used it on the center console yet.

The interesting thing is the infotainment screen in a car... well, some cars, is tougher than an iPad because of the temperatures it has to endure. Might be something in the adhesive that could dissolve in alcohol though... Unless there's an antimicrobial coating that could get damaged.

Anyway, I'd give that LCD cleaner a shot.

Reactions: polerad

·
Registered
9 Posts
Anyone have tips on cleaning crayons off of the interior of the car?

Water on a microfiber and Car Guys SuperCleaner does not seem to be doing the trick.

·
Registered
770 Posts
Anyone have tips on cleaning crayons off of the interior of the car?

Water on a microfiber and Car Guys SuperCleaner does not seem to be doing the trick.

View attachment 4305
Oh dear. No personal experience , but from the interwebs:

How to remove crayon marks from upholstery
  1. Scrape off excess crayon with a dull-edge knife or metal spoon.
  2. Spray or dampen with warm water and apply liquid dish detergent to the stained area.
  3. Work the liquid dish detergent in with a brush.
  4. Wipe the stain away with a damp sponge.
  5. Repeat as needed until the stain is gone.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts