Polestar Forum banner
21 - 40 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
Ordered: LRDM, Snow, Pilot Lite, Plus + Zinc
170 Posts
I'll wave to the ship and your polestar 2 as it passes Gladstone harbour.
Normally the shipping lanes funnel these ships so that if you are holidaying on the Caloundra beaches on the Sunshine Coast you get a good view as they go past. The car carriers are really prominent due to their side-on profile with the big boxy shape high above the water line. I'd hate to be driving one of these in a big cross-wind. (and yes, I know you don't drive ships. But this is a car forum right ??? And we've all driven mini-buses in cross-winds and hated that.....)

·
Registered
MY23 Snow LRDM Pilot Plus
90 Posts
I noticed the Viking Passama is on the way to Melbourne ... wonder what the chance is my car is on that?!

I'm thinking somewhere between Buckleys and none.

·
Registered
MY22 Void SRSM Pilot/Plus/Leather
1,125 Posts
I noticed the Viking Passama is on the way to Melbourne ... wonder what the chance is my car is on that?!

I'm thinking somewhere between Buckleys and none.
Keep an eye on CEVA for your vin over the next few days as they clear Port Kembla. Polestar so far only unload at PK.

·
Registered
Magnesium/Nappa/LRDM/Full Monty - Delivery Late November 2022
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #34 ·
Keep an eye on CEVA for your vin over the next few days as they clear Port Kembla. Polestar so far only unload at PK.
Thanks for that - I was going to ask this question :)

Both you and @sarcastyx (who are 2 of teh member with teh same knowledge on this) and seemed to imply that all vehicles, irrespective of destination state, were delivered to Port Kembla - so Im guessing that everyone outside of NSW have that extra wait for trans-state shipping. Even WA ?

·
Registered
90 Posts
I'm being overly optimistic. I don't even think my car has left yet. It's "due" to be leaving now if we were actually prioritised, but given we have a delivery date of November, I doubt there was a priority process in place.

·
Registered
682 Posts
Reading about all the deliveries to Australia, yes they are all shipped to Port Kembla and from there they are sent to AutoNexus Sydney where they do the PDS and then shipped to other places in Australia. So if you live in Sydney you have an advantage of not having to ship it interstate from AutoNexus Sydney.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Font Rectangle Parallel Number Screenshot

According to this, there are only two more Vehicle Carriers coming to Port Kembla in August - neither of which are coming from Shanghai.

·
Registered
Magnesium/Nappa/LRDM/Full Monty - Delivery Late November 2022
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #39 ·
Correct Asia to Oceania | Armacup 4 in September though
Unfortunately my satellite subscription only lasts until the end of August ... so those ships will only be trackable when they are in WiFi range.

Have to say I have been quite impressed with the travel times - with my Audis the wait (and lack of info) was excruciating as they shipped from Europe, across the Atlantic to the US, through the Panama Canal and across the Pacific ... and the ships always seemed to spend a ridiculous amount of time docked in Baltimore ¯\(ツ)

·
Registered
MY22 Void SRSM Pilot/Plus/Leather
1,125 Posts
with my Audis the wait (and lack of info) was excruciating as they shipped from Europe, across the Atlantic to the US, through the Panama Canal and across the Pacific
My BMWs took the cape of good hope route and that took a while, one of them even got stuck for 10 days off the coast of Morocco, never did learn what that was about

21 - 40 of 44 Posts